• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckers New Toy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congrats WM!!!!!!!!! :beer:

And you look so happy! rofl

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Ah, good ol' square tires! The bias ply tires on my HMMWV love to do that, too. First I'll bounce straight up and down, then after my first turn I'll bounce all over the place, and then they turn back into circles after about 5 or 10 miles. :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Freighttrain is right......I'm happier than Michael Jackson at a Cub Scout jamboree.
The old girl runs great. I probably could have driven it home but it did have one flat tire.
We had to jump start it and the batteries may have to be deep charged but all and all I am very satisfied with the purchase.
Looks like it has a new radiator and the engine may me fairly new. Very little smoke under load.
My total investment is about $2600.00 counting the shipping and the service we did today and some other stuff I bought.
The real coupe was the slave cables and all the tools in the side box. There was a jack, several lug wrenches, air hose, tire gage, two cresent wrenches, first aid kits, two tow bar ends and other misc. stuff.
The guy that hauled it was a good dude. He helped load it, made the trip in good time and helped me unload it and get it to the shop.
If anyone needs a good shipper PM me for his contact info.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here's a few more......note the pervert putting his hands on my new mistress.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score Wrecker! Be careful at underpasses, that stack could cause some damage :) It the winch the standard 10k? It looks big in the pics. Congrats!

FreightTrain

Banned
Just a little info.....Notice I fixed his bridge plate.......I got a vid I am gonna post on Youtube today.I will post a link to it later.In cab and at the first you can hear someone miss a gear......4th is down and 5th is up!!!!!! :p

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, PLEASEcut off that sick looking gun turret and get an M66 ring mount! It would be a great looking truck without that monstrosity!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

Must be no shortage of caulk on Army bases! rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3 things!
1) the tools and towbar adapters came with it?
2) extra drive shafts come with it?
3) I love the drum idea. I'd be inclinded to climb up there and put the fuel transfer pump from my transfer tank there just to make people ask stupid questions. Tell em theres a lot of gas in the cab when I'm driving/

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
3) I love the drum idea. I'd be inclinded to climb up there and put the fuel transfer pump from my transfer tank there just to make people ask stupid questions. Tell em theres a lot of gas in the cab when I'm driving/
Thanks for making me spew coffee all over the g/f's laptop! rofl

houdel

Wreckerman, you are one lucky dude! Thats a steal. You guys down south are real lucky to be able to get old green iron so cheaply. I was quoted $2000 just to transport my Deuce 240 miles to get it home. Fortunately, I was able to drive it back!

maddawg308 said:
Oh, PLEASEcut off that sick looking gun turret and get an M66 ring mount! It would be a great looking truck without that monstrosity!
Maddawg - That is NOT a gun turret, it IS the access hatch to the gun ring! A fairly common field expedient mod for gun trucks. Yes a trifle ugly, but a little more bondo to smooth out the rough spots and some green paint and it will look just like a factory installation.

FreightTrain

Banned
Recovry4x4 said:
3 things!
1) the tools and towbar adapters came with it?
2) extra drive shafts come with it?
Since Wrecker is out doing unholy actions to his truck :shock: I figure I would post.....

(1)Everything on the ground was stuffed in the tool box untouched.Even the 1st aid kit was full and in great shape.Oh it even came with a pile or rocks that you can see in the wide angle shot of the tools.Top center just above the triangles.OH yea,that swizzle stick on the far right was a solid steel lug handle.....Talk about putting some arse in it.
(2)The drive shafts were all pulled.Had a bear of a time getting the one from the transfer to the rear axle in since they just pulled the rear section and left the slip joint and U joint on the transfer.
(3)No comment!! :lol:

mangus580

Good deal!!!

FT... please please please.... post the video HERE. We have alot of members that cant see you-tube, but can see everything here.

herc69

Way to go FT. I hadn't heard from you, and was thinking your EUC should be coming soon. Glad it all worked out for you, and know you will enjoy the toy! :p