• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTEC III Fault Code D1-6600

jtcawrse

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the latest.

There is continuity there between pins 5 and 45.

Battery are all independently 12.55-12.65.

Still no shifty.

The transmission is protecting itself. We just don’t know what from.

Rear glad hands were capped when the rear storage box was installed.

Any other ideas and suggestions welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyhawk13205

Here is the latest.

There is continuity there between pins 5 and 45.

Battery are all independently 12.55-12.65.

Still no shifty.

The transmission is protecting itself. We just don’t know what from.

Rear glad hands were capped when the rear storage box was installed.

Any other ideas and suggestions welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it seems like to me you need to find out where the comms are being lost. Allison ecu to key pad or CAT ecu to Allison ecu

You can check the serial connection from the keypad to the Allison ECU. Disconnect keypad and Allison ecu ohm out the wires from A to black S1, and B to black s17.

good luck

Attachments

Skyhawk13205

it seems like to me you need to find out where the comms are being lost. Allison ecu to key pad or CAT ecu to Allison ecu

You can check the serial connection from the keypad to the Allison ECU. Disconnect keypad and Allison ecu ohm out the wires from A to black S1, and B to black s17.

good luck
i need to correct myself the serial comm is not from the keypad but to the diagnostic connector. You might have to check your termination resistors for your 1587 and your 1939 data bus

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I can connect to the wtec3 round diag plug on first gen trucks. Its a slower setting and you dont get much more info than the keypad errors. Its more than likely a wiring issue or bad tcm. I have a good tcm on hand. If you take the grill off on the drivers side of the hump the cab to trans harness comes out its a twist lock sometimes hard to get off. The bundle comes down and turns back towards the engine. Inspect the wires there. Sometimes you have to peel back the wire loom cover.

jtcawrse

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From Quade this morning:

Just spent the last hour doing continuity tests on the harness. All checks out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks