• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wtf oil everywhere!!!

Bigred77

Yesterday I did a fuel filter change, and turned up my fuel just a little. While out on my test drive after about 2 miles of backroads (i live in the sticks) I finally hit the main road and got to open her up. still no fuel smoke from the stack. Then after a second of wtfo in 5th it started pouring oil out of my blowby tube. I havent changed the oil yet in the tuck yet since I purchased this m35a2 about 2 weeks ago. it was a little over, about 1in on the stick. It still smelled fine, no fuel or anything, so I just figured someone overfilled it alittle. Ive probally put around 150-200 miles on her since ive had the truck. this was the first time it has ever done this. Will the 1in over make that big of a difference? or do I have a drain back problem? I posted some pics, they were taken after about 45 seconds of high idle in my drive way.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on what TM or PMCS information you use, 1" over the full line is correct(cold).

Are you sure it was coming form the draft tube?( and not the turbo)

Last edited:

Bigred77

ok after further inspection and cool down it was about 4 or so inches above full mark and seemed very thin. So i decided to change it. It didnt really have a fuel smell though, but I do have a sinus infection. I have not drained the rear sump yet (ran out of buckets) i have removed about 11 gallons of oil just from the front sump and it was very thin.

Injectors leaking / bad...? under load it will not go over 2200 rpm. but will go to high idle around 2550 or so (no load)

IHASFIP

ok after further inspection and cool down it was about 4 or so inches above full mark and seemed very thin. So i decided to change it. It didnt really have a fuel smell though, but I do have a sinus infection. I have not drained the rear sump yet (ran out of buckets) i have removed about 11 gallons of oil just from the front sump and it was very thin.

Injectors leaking / bad...? under load it will not go over 2200 rpm. but will go to high idle around 2550 or so (no load)

I hope you meant 11 quarts? But that sounds like way to much oil.

D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will cause the excessive blow by!

Is your Fuel density compensator, bypassed? Sounds like it may be a problem to take care of before running it after changing the oil.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How would so much fuel get into the crankcase if the FDC is bypassed? Can it leak in the IP internally? I hope that is not the problem!

bottleworks

How would so much fuel get into the crankcase if the FDC is bypassed? Can it leak in the IP internally?

Yes it can. The FDC is only one of several things that can cause fuel in the oil. I suggest replacing the IP head o-rings. It seems to be the leading cause. That was my source of fuel in oil. BTW, I have an o-ring set made of Viton for sale, if interested.

Bigred77

Yes it can. The FDC is only one of several things that can cause fuel in the oil. I suggest replacing the IP head o-rings. It seems to be the leading cause. That was my source of fuel in oil. BTW, I have an o-ring set made of Viton for sale, if interested.

how hard are they to change? how much are you asking?