• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wtf oil everywhere!!!

FreightTrain

Banned
Yep,that is the only place it can be comming from.There are no O rings for the injectors like a Cummins and being the FDC is bypassed,it has to be your Hydro head O rings.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sort of, you have to line up a few things for it to come out(and go back in). Read the TM

Michael

Have a sample of your oil analyzed, get a kit from NAPA and find out if the low viscosity oil/fuel mixture has caused excessive wear etc.
I bypassed my FDC and changed the oil today in my truck that was leaking oil. Would you test some of the thin stuff that I just took out or wait to test some of the fresh oil after it is run a couple of hundred miles?

I took out about 8 gallons of really thin oil. So thin you could stick your hand in it and wipe it off with a towel and it would be clean.

rivired

this thread is totally worrying me now..

hey i was wondering if your getting fuel in the oil ..is there any obvious signs? like sounds or vibes due to the poor lubricating of the mains and rod bearings? really low oil PSI on the gauge?

it seems like this could happen and if not having some obvious disaster like spewing oil out..you might not even know unless u check your oil every trip.

RangerDave

the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago.... drained 13 gallons out of the pan!!!

I searched this site for days and figured out what my problem was the hard way.

Most common problem was the FDC... My FDC was by passed so no problems there.

The second most common problem was the fuel injection pump... what a potential cluster!
I finally found a thread about how the hydraulic head O-rings can be the culprit... that seemed a lot easier than pulling the whole IP

Pretty easy to pull it apart, just keep everything clean! In the end, the O-ring that went bad was the dime sized one that is held on by two flat head screws and wired shut.... one of the screws had backed out enough to loosen the timing cover plate to burst a hole through the side of the ring.... I replaced the rings on the h-head anyway. packed things together and running fine ever since. Its amazing how much fuel could pour through that tiny hole, but when you consider how many PSI are coursing through that head to run the injectors....

Good luck tracking it down and hope it is an easy solution!

PS: I was in denial about fuel in the oil too because I couldn't smell it either

Last edited:

bc35339

I saw you giong through Shepherdsville last week with what looked to be toolboxes in the back. (nice looking deuce) , where did you get your deuce from. A fire Dept.?

Bigred77

I saw you giong through Shepherdsville last week with what looked to be toolboxes in the back. (nice looking deuce) , where did you get your deuce from. A fire Dept.?
yeah, it was my toolboxs i just changed jobs. Nice looking? are you blind? lol I think that is the nicest comment she has ever recieved
it came from the forestry department after it was bought from the army

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks