• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xm211 pictures

Jzallan

I have the fenders and the hood finished, but they aren't on the truck. The bed has not been touched yet. I started the project in 2004, been chipping away at the mountain for a few years now! It has been quite an experience! I originally purchased the truck in 1999. I got it from a guy in Sauk Center Mn. His brother left it to him after he passed away and he wanted to get rid of it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it at first, but then I found Memphis Equipment had most of the parts I needed to repair it. So the entire truck came apart and the project started!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now that's the way to do it.

Simply outstanding.

Jzallan

All the guys I work with thought I was crazy painting all the air lines and brake lines separately! I've gone through almost ten gallons of paint on this truck! It really does look nice though. I picked up a sandblasting cabinet to do all the bolts and small parts, all other parts were taken to a professional. Like I say, this has been a blast to work on! So incredibly simple, but such a tough truck!

Jzallan

Thanks! I know some might say that the truck was never meant to look like that, but this is the way that I wanted it to look! I took some parts off a newer deuce, like the mirrors, the window seals, and a few other odds and ends. If I have time, I'll get more pictures and post them!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics would certainly be appreciated. When you post, scroll down a little further and you will see the "manage attachments" box. Click it and you can upload your pics in your post there.

Gunfreak25

THAT IS INSANE MAN! All the little small things SHOW the biggest. The wiring harness rubber padded clamps, every screw and nut, every piece of rubber and firewall grommet. You sir, have serious problems and we love you for it. It's like looking at color version of the black and white manual pictures.

There really are some nice GMC's out there.

Jzallan

@stan, I had a look! It's great to see others saving these trucks! Until I found SS forum, I never knew there was so much interest in these trucks! I heard from Memphis Equpment some years back that an individual from Minnesota purchased close to three hundred of these trucks from a very large potato farm in Michigan!? I've tried to find info about this, but no luck. I wonder if anyone else has info about this?

Gunfreak25

That 300 truck buyer sounds like Tom from Alfa Heaven. He has owned hundreds of GMC's and is an aging guru. He gave me the idea for my 6.2 700r4 conversion.

Jzallan

Thanks Gunfreak! The truck is getting a little dusty! The collision repair industry has been a little slow the past couple years, so progress on the truck has been minimal:( The last big obstacles are the bed and tire purchase. Not looking forward to the tires! I found a guy close to my place that has been selling the multi fuel trucks for a long time, he said he would sell me a good set of used tires. Still, I don't know when I'll be in a position to get them. Now that I've seen all of you and your projects......it definitely gets the fire going again!!

Gunfreak25

How much is he asking for tires? I get mine locally for $75 each in brand new to like new condition, mounted on rims and inflated most of the time. Course I have to trade him my old tire/wheel are a core.

gunboy1656

Very nice looking.

Memphis used to have a lot of parts but they have since scrapped a LOT of the 135/211 stuff. Of course they did it right before I picked up my 220.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks