• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xm211 pictures

Gunfreak25

Lucky for you back in 99 there were parts still everywhere for everything on these truck's. They dried up shortly thereafter.

Jzallan

Yeah, I picked the truck up in 99, but I didn't do much with it until about 2004. I didnt know exactly what I was going to do with it!?

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The collision repair industry has been a little slow the past couple years, so progress on the truck has been minimal:( The last big obstacles are the bed and tire purchase. Not looking forward to the tires! I found a guy close to my place that has been selling the multi fuel trucks for a long time, he said he would sell me a good set of used tires. Still, I don't know when I'll be in a position to get them. Now that I've seen all of you and your projects......it definitely gets the fire going again!!
I have a friend who has a body shop. He loves the whitetail rut and ice storms.
Anyway, If you watch Craigslist you can find a good deal on tires. Usually guys bobbing trucks will try to sell them. they are hard to sell up here as they are horrible in the snow and most trucks run 22.5 tires now. I picked up a like new set of 10 tires for $20 a tire/wheel. I had sandblasted my rims and painted them, so I put the tires on my rims and sold the rims to a campground for $25 each. They use them for campfire rings. A guy just south of La Crosse has some for $50 per tire/rim. They looked like new. Have been on CL for over a month.
Do you want me to keep my eyes open for a bed?

Jzallan

I guess I didn't make that part too clear, I do have a bed, I just haven't done anything to it yet. I will definitely look on Craigslist for some tires!

Jzallan

UGH! Looks like I get to rob the gas tank off the parts truck! I let the truck sit too long with an empty tank and the condensation did it no good!

Jzallan

@hendersond. I talked to the guy about the tires. Sounds like he will deal a little bit on them. The only drawback to it, he lives about 200 miles from me! That's gonna cost a little in fuel

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear ya on the gas tank. I drained one pulled it apart Thursday. It got a little humid air and was brown and fuzzy in the bottom by the next morning. I have to figure out some way to coat them at a reasonabe cost. Test your fuel pumps before you get too far. I talked with several owners in Iola this weekend. Most are having fuel pump issues. I cannot tell you how many times the words "plastic boat tank" and "12v fuel pump wired to one battery" were mentioned. It seems there needs to be about 12 gallons in the tank for it to reliably have enough fuel to run good. Most complained the fuel gets stale because they don't get enough miles.

Keep me posted on the tires. You may need a hand loading...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks