• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 details

ida34

It is always nice to find a smoking gun on a diagnose mission. I hope it is the only one and that thing will fire for you. Nothing more frustrating than banging your head against a brick wall trying fix a problem that is elusive. Good luck.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of white smoke and it actually tried to run for a moment or two. It's getting fuel now. :jumpin:

The ambient is about 45°F and I'm using a biodiesel/veggie oil/diesel mix (from my deuce tank), things that don't help much either. aua

After 10 minutes of off and on cranking, the batteries ran down and I now have the charger on them.
I'm also getting 100% regular diesel for next try, sometime after lunch, I guess.

I like sitting next to the engine, like having a buddy along. :driver:

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engine fires and runs!

It warmed up a bit 58°F at 13:50 hrs.
Batteries charged again and mostly diesel in the fuel system, still no in-tank pump or equivalent.
Cranked it a few times and put the foot down a little on the accelerator.
The engine started and runs on its own for a couple of minutes before I shut it down. Very smooth! Maybe starving for fuel, but it sounds teriffic!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:jumpin: [thumbzup] :beer: :driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the thumbs up sign Bjorn. Guess the next step is to put it in gear and see if it wants to move. Wow, I'm psyched!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! :drool: Today,You Da Man! BTW, does it or should it have a slave connection?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet!!! See I told ya smoke is good! Bjorn, I know you posted b4, is it an LDT or LDS? Good to see that it runs. Does it sound OK? Did you find a line on tires yet?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet!!! See I told ya smoke is good! Bjorn, I know you posted b4, is it an LDT or LDS? Good to see that it runs. Does it sound OK? Did you find a line on tires yet? Do you know when it ran last?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks