• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

You paid what for a deuce

omega231

good luck if you choose the GL route.

ive lucked out so far with GL. all 6 deuces and the 818 were driven off of the lot. we will see about the 820s...

JTugwell

im watching some that are right up the road from me. 2 of them are up over 1600 dollars. The rest are at 600 and climbing fast. the bidding just started today! guess i wont be getting one of them.

thewhistler

What kind of decent truck can you buy for a grand? Never seen one yet. Anything for a thousand bucks is a waste of time and money. You will dump another couple grand fixing the basic things. With all said and done at the end you still have something that runs and looks whipped. Like the old saying, you get what you pay for.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of decent truck can you buy for a grand? Never seen one yet. Anything for a thousand bucks is a waste of time and money. You will dump another couple grand fixing the basic things. With all said and done at the end you still have something that runs and looks whipped. Like the old saying, you get what you pay for.
It depends on your location. We got 5 deuces from Redstone for a bid of 1K each. All but one drove the 100 miles home with zero problems. The 5th just needs a starter solenoid and it too runs. All but one have virtually no rust, one just has surface rust. The dropside deuce that I keep was $625 out of Corpus Christi. Several people have pulled running rust free 109's out of KS for around $500.To say that anything for a thousand bucks is a waste of time is an uninformed answer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to agree with Jim on this one. I've been driving a $1001 deuce for a few years now. All I've done is maintenance on it. Oh wait, I had to put $90 in cheap batteries before the 1000 mile ride home.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on your location. We got 5 deuces from Redstone for a bid of 1K each. All but one drove the 100 miles home with zero problems. The 5th just needs a starter solenoid and it too runs. All but one have virtually no rust, one just has surface rust. The dropside deuce that I keep was $625 out of Corpus Christi. Several people have pulled running rust free 109's out of KS for around $500.To say that anything for a thousand bucks is a waste of time is an uninformed answer.
:ditto:

I've bought several good trucks for under a grand. I'll have to say that since the supply has been going down there dosen't seem to be too many $1,000 trucks lately though.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tracked a number of dueces, trailers, wreckers and such in the GL that closed today. It was quite interesting to find the range of prices based upon location! Ft Sill OK has the lowballers - most uner $1000. It's impressive to "shop" before buying.

warlord381

RE you paid what for a deuce?

I just bought my first MV. A 1970 M35A2C and 1954 M105A1 trailer. Got the deuce for just over 1300 and the trailer for just over 400 in Michigan (the trailer was recently refurbished by the gov with bows/tarp and other extras). I work on the base so I had the opportunity to check them out before bidding. The guys that work for GL there are awsome. I think I got an great bargain. It may take a while to convince the wife though... She has about 30 years in the military and has been asking me to find a MUTT like she used in the Phillipines, of course it wont be through GL. I dont want to get the 151 right away though, I think I'll look for my M38 and M37 first LMAO. I have a feeling once we get the MUTT the MV buying will come to an end unless I can get her interested in the other MVs available. If I end up with one of the 5 tons that are available I'll probably keep it stored at work until she's ready :smile:

omega231

welcome to the gang warlord!:-D

grats on your first buy. just a suggestion, but try not to watch GL to much or you will find yourself with more MVs than you have parking space lol. my first auction i bought 6 M35s and within a few months i bought an M818. less than a month later i purchased the 2 M820s. this will become an addiction if you are not careful:twisted: