• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zeligson crane tractor is mobile

AMX70

I finally took the plunge and bought the new ECU for the Eaton autoshift transmission. Sure is a interesting truck to drive. Never drove a cab forward vehicle before this one.
Anyway I have a few questions about the basic 5 ton trucks.Mine is based on a G744 series platform from what I can tell. But has the engine mid mounted and the cab in front.

What do most 5 ton trucks weigh and what is the weight distribution on a tractor? Mine was 17600 lbs on the front axel and 33600 lbs total. Seems high on the front.

I assume its GVW is 62K, so what do most 5 ton tractors register there trucks at? Basically I want to pull a 20 ton trailer. So assume I need to register it at 102K

It has 12 x20.00 tires on all corners. I thought most 5 tons had 14x 20.00?

My biggest issue is that it is not over 25 years old and needs registered as a normal over the road truck, but for private use. So state taxes are going to be killer. (They are based on the GVW)

Thanks for any help

rmgill

Stress to your Tag office what it is and what you want to do with it. It's a collector's vehicle. They very well may give you the collector's tag anyhow. My tag office did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks