• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zout's Cookout

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SUNP0003.JPGBears.JPGSUNP0005.JPGIMG_20131207_211825.jpgIMG_20131207_194041.jpgIMG_20131207_193932.jpg
You shoot a hole in a truck while using a scope and leaning over and shooting across the top of the truck.
(The barrel is lower then the scope)
Ask me how I know...
OK, I'll tell the story. Mind, that I was not involved in this until it came time to gut the hog. My son-in-law Chris borrowed my F-150 (fortunately, old and worn out) to hunt out of. I made a feeder out of 4-inch PVC pipe about 4 feet long with a bunch of 1-inch holes along the length and filled it with corn. The idea was that Chris would lay in the back in his sleeping bag until he heard noise. The only noise he heard was a weasel. He finally decided to get out of the truck bed to take a leak, leaving his rifle in the bed. He walked about 20 feet from the truck and turned on his flashlight. The hog was about 100 feet from him and as soon as the hog saw the light, it ran full tilt at Chris. Chris forgot all about taking the leak and ran back and jumped in the bed of the truck and grabbed his rifle. The hog was now about 15 feet in front of the truck, still running. Chris had tied a cord to the headlight switch and he now pulled the cord, lighting up the hog. 3dAngus had it right. Chris was shooting an M14 with a scope. The bullet entered the cab top about 12 inches behind the windshield, and exited through the cab top next to the top of the windshield, breaking the windshield. The bullet went through sheet metal twice and still hit the hog right between the eyes, killing it. We finished cutting up the hog at 0430 in the morning in the freezing rain. The hog was so big that it took both of use to drag it. I used the forks on my John Deer 5520 to pick it up. I attached some photos from my game camera at the feeder and a photo of the pig and truck. The only photos of the pig Chris shot were after it was dead. The other pigs and bears are from my game camera showing the feeder I made.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Gary,
Truth be told here so you can tell him not to worry about it as even the world's finest professionals have done it.
I was watching a real history tv show on snipers and the worlds longest shots. Some kills have been recorded over a mile and a half. One of the record holders,upon entering police service back home, was shooting at a bank robber holding hostage. He took cover behind a brick or block wall with a spotter. Took a shot, couldn't believe he missed. Took another, nothing, so he started checking rifle and scope for anomalies.
His spotter whispered, you hit the wall. The wall was about 8' in front of him and he was shooting just over the top of it.
Raised the gun higher, made the shot, and the woman was rescued.
Stuff like that happens to the best of us. And when adrenalin flows, you can get the best out of us,...or the worst.
It's a higher Power that makes that decision for us. We are rarely ever Really in control.

TiggersGF

Matthew was worried about you not having the cookout! I will be gone to Indy. for the holidays to be with my family! I took Matthew to a motel the other night so we could have some time alone and we enjoyed the pool! I know you pry don't want to see him in his trunks so here is a better photo he snuck of me! I know I said I would never post a photo but Merry Christmas everyone! :naner:

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still had sleep in my eyes, and was only hitting on 3 cylinders-------until I opened the picture.............tigger is a lucky man...............real lucky.

zout

All I saw was a white towel - she is such a tiny chit she was camouflaged in the towel.

Zout's cookout looks like its turning into a Costume party - Towel wrapped only rofl

3dAngus

Tigger,
You should buy her a bright red towel for Christmas.
Then you can unwrap her on Christmas day.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody. I just got me a fantastic idea of what to get my wifey for Xmas, thanks to ya'll.
Getting that Christmas spirit now.... Hee hee...