• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I actually had a couple try to buy the K-18 when I stopped at KFC to buy lunch near Zout's AO!:shock: I noticed a black Camaro was following me for a few miles and it even came next to the bed of the rollback a couple of times then dropped behind me again. (I was thinking unmarked DOT maybe?)
When I pulled in the KFC parking lot the Camaro followed and parked a few spaces away. When I came out I saw the couple standing by the rollback looking at the KC-18 with wide eyes. When I walked up the lady asked "Sir it this your truck"? I said yes.
Then she asked what I was going to do with it so I gave them a quick history on the truck while BabyBear was hanging his head out the rollback window and fussing at us.

Then...the lady had the nerve to ask me if I would sell it to her for a flower delivery truck!!:cookoo: The man offered me 2K and then 5K and I told them it just was not for sale.

On the continued journey to Zout's AO BabyBear looked over at me and said..."Ya know, I think I would have sold the nice lady the truck for 5K"!!!:shrugs:

Last edited:

zout

Goes to show you that you need to drive slower so BabyBear stops bumping his head coming up with stuff like that - ROFL.

TIN - thanks for that frontal shot - that is exactly what I have been looking for - full frontal Grille Guard pic and how it was laid out - PERFECT and thx. BT
W I have no clue why that stupid cell phone camera is now taking pics up side down either - I have plenty loaded up on Debs camera to put you all into a visual coma.

The back drivers side had a LARGE 12 inch Red Circle that started to appear - with a large RED "A" in the middle of it - possible former military clue ?? Yes I have a pic on Debs camera of it. The truck I believe from PB is that is was a small arms van and not a disc jockey radio shack - still ROFL - GOOD MORNING VIET NAM radio show came much later than WW2. - yes SROFL.

Having my morning brew and still keeping within my promise to PB I'll get some more pics - the pressure washing is no big deal - its just time and not labor intensive - as its suppose to rain I'll get removing the wood paneling from the interior and parts taken out of it that are just stored in it and put to the side.

BTW - front roof above drivers area - that vent had been plugged shut wtih vent removed - going to be looking for one to get it back in and crappy hole repaired. There were also two plugged holes that also resemble the two spot lights that could have been mounted to it - there are two funky Y brackets PB and I think were from where they might have had a Joes Real Time BBQ sign mounted to - only original pics from owner would reveal our suspecisons.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Goes to show you that you need to drive slower so BabyBear stops bumping his head coming up with stuff like that - ROFL.

TIN - thanks for that frontal shot - that is exactly what I have been looking for - full frontal Grille Guard pic and how it was laid out - PERFECT and thx. BT
W I have no clue why that stupid cell phone camera is now taking pics up side down either - I have plenty loaded up on Debs camera to put you all into a visual coma.

The back drivers side had a LARGE 12 inch Red Circle that started to appear - with a large RED "A" in the middle of it - possible former military clue ?? Yes I have a pic on Debs camera of it. The truck I believe from PB is that is was a small arms van and not a disc jockey radio shack - still ROFL - GOOD MORNING VIET NAM radio show came much later than WW2. - yes SROFL.

Having my morning brew and still keeping within my promise to PB I'll get some more pics - the pressure washing is no big deal - its just time and not labor intensive - as its suppose to rain I'll get removing the wood paneling from the interior and parts taken out of it that are just stored in it and put to the side.

BTW - front roof above drivers area - that vent had been plugged shut wtih vent removed - going to be looking for one to get it back in and crappy hole repaired. There were also two plugged holes that also resemble the two spot lights that could have been mounted to it - there are two funky Y brackets PB and I think were from where they might have had a Joes Real Time BBQ sign mounted to - only original pics from owner would reveal our suspecisons.
Maybe she was part of Patton's 3rd Army HQ's???

Attachments

zout

PB - that is EXACTLY what that A looked like.

Anyhow TWM - boy do I have news for you - someone had PAINTED ALL the wood in the truck - the stuff I used got rid of the misuse of WOOD and if I could post the pics you would see UGLY PAINTED OD GREEN wood and absolutely astounging breathtaking full grain WOOD inside the cab - but I cannot down load pics onto Debs laptop cause I am an idiot and patiently waiting to see if my Asus PC is repairable and when I will get it back - nothing to do but pluck around on the KC

Man do I have a lot of pictures to post up - the exterior is nearly entirely METAL and no paint - cab was cleaned out - pressure washed and is smelling better and that WOOD GRAIN just HIGHLIGHTS the cab. Dash is even green now.

Got the rear cleaned up and pressure washed so it would also smell better in there working on it. Couple pieces of flooring near the doors were removed and the galvanized sheet of metal underlayment is pretty well bashed up and holes in in - I will have to think about this as I am in the process of cleaning out the rest of the back.

PER ORDERS from IFS - I am done for the day.
Sure wish all ya couch potato's and mice could see these pictures - still ROFL.

zout

There are a couple folks out there I sent e mail pics today while working on it - if you beg hard enough they might be able to post them up just as long as they are not as handicapped as I am. Otherwise you'll have to wait til my PC is fixed and or I am forced to go though the hassle of buying a replacement and getting it all set up - what a PIA that is.

zout

Yup it sure is - I use to have a personal cell yrs ago and I probably got two calls a year on it - so guess what.

This POS company cell is all I have besides when Deb lets me use her camera. Send pics to e mail - anyone who got pics today got as best as I could deal with. You just have to cross your fingers my PC gets fixed shortly (did I mention road kill for the cookout) due to the cost of repairing it. Just close your eyes and imagine it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yup it sure is - I use to have a personal cell yrs ago and I probably got two calls a year on it - so guess what.

This POS company cell is all I have besides when Deb lets me use her camera. Send pics to e mail - anyone who got pics today got as best as I could deal with. You just have to cross your fingers my PC gets fixed shortly (did I mention road kill for the cookout) due to the cost of repairing it. Just close your eyes and imagine it.
Hey Bro...not to worry. Any pics you send are greatly appreciated!![thumbzup]

whiskey357

Banned
Great find for you and it looks like a subway with everything for a meatball sandwich heheheheh.....looks like a weekender job for 2 years hehehe nice going ...