• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found...Mystery Bolt???

kentuckycucv

I did my AC60G swap out yesterday, and while I was all face down in the engine I noticed a loose bolt kind of wedged on my intake manifold held on by my injector lines. Looks like a manifold bolt but I cant find a missing one. I also found another under my manifold while I was cleaning out the rat nest. It has a 10.9 on the head.... Do these things back out? Maybe extra army parts??? This is not going to be a worthless thread BC I have a picture.

Attachments

DokWatson

Thats for the Fetzer valve. Torque to 35ftlbs
What the **** is a fetzer valve?

It kinda looks like a bracket bolt... but I would imagine it would be obvious if you were missing alternator or power steering bracket bolts. Maybe somebody dropped them at some point and couldn't find them and grabbed extra. Manifold bolts don't have the flat part on the bottom of the head, and it would be rusty.

Last edited:

Darwin T

no one said anything about the 55 gallon drum of muzzle blast that should be kept in all work areas. :twisted: oh, and to answer the question above "No Adult Supervision Here" :beer:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is amazing that there are so many people on this forum who have such detailed experience with this bolt. Nice to know when I ask a question in the future. :cookoo:

camogriz

I believe that bolt is for the bottom bracket of the driver's side alternator. There are two of them. Maybe they were misplaced during some US Army swap of good parts for other good parts.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It is amazing that there are so many people on this forum who have such detailed experience with this bolt. Nice to know when I ask a question in the future. :cookoo:
Sometimes you just have to separate the wheat from the chaff.:mrgreen:

I used to have the FSN and a TM for the M-346 Chaff Separator (with Wheat Collector) but since the miltary quit baking their own bread all of the machines have been surplused out. Occasonally one of them pops up on GL.