• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found...Mystery Bolt???

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plebney switch is used to initiate the collection of rotor wash and flight line. Since both items are difficult to obtain, specialized materials are called for. The plebney switch starts up the A S H receiver, which in turn begins previously mentioned processes. The A S H receiver is followed up by the I D 10T pump which does the actual collection. Switching the canooter valve back and forth is what is required to get both the rotor wash and the flight line. All very clear once you understand the process.

Last edited:

WARWAG

Well look at all you fancy pants know it alls! This guy comes here with a valid question and you all just start giving him a hard time. Shame on you.

So as to the question. That is a Nover Trunion bolt. Those are used when the constant flux case needs to be secured to the tail housing of the exhaust flow bearing enclosure. They are sometimes made of steel with a high carbon content but yours looks more like it is made from Unobtanium. You are lucky you found it. Its is NOT toqued down to 35 ft lbs. Its 35 Nano lbs. Good luck and post some pictures!

Sorry I forgot to mention that you will need a set of Whitworth sockets as standard SAE or Metric will not fit. Remember, when you are tightening in SAE its Ft Lbs. With Whitworth fasteners its always Nano "Sterling" lbs.

Last edited:

wayne pick

Yet another innocent question followed by pages in inane but colorful bull****. Hope every one used proper spelling and punctuation! Suprisingly, you didn't come under the scrutiny of the TM posse, followed by the usual suspects sucking up/brown nosing to said posse. That being said, the bolt was probably left there after maintainance or factory assembly. I have found "extra" bolts, nuts, and fasteners on a few GM vehicles I've owned. If it looks like it's been there a while and all the bolt holes are filled I would not worry about it.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the question in the first place? Dang, now i got to go back to the begining to see if i can give a real answer. I'll get on it as soon as I get back from a MV retrieval mission. And jets1959 is 100% correct, never throw any hardware away. you'll need it, someday.:popcorn:

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone does realize that this post was opened over a year ago?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks