• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found...Mystery Bolt???

armytruck63

Just to add more fuel to the fire, which weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?

The 10.9 is the metric hardness grade equivalent to an SAE Grade 8 bolt.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is they are for holding the ID 10 T pump, whch everyone knows is kept track of by using the BA 1100 N reports. Obviously someone failed to properly keep the report fully filled thus losing track of the bolts.:beer:

idM1028

I believe its actually for a kanuter valve. They're usually kept with M203 blank firing adapters, winter air for tires, headlight and blinker fluid, exhaust samples, canopy lights, the keys for the drop zone, and the special hammer you need to check for weak spots in armor. No seriously, if it went into or was threaded into aluminum it might be for the intake manifold or alts.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
we used to keep em in the commo shop with the prc e-7 on the shelf next to the chem light batteries
My son (who is stationed at Fort Campbell) told me that chem light batteries are obsolete since they got the new rechargable chem lights.

We will prob see the old batteries on sale through GL as I am sure the Goobernent bought a butt load of them.

OL AG '89

I've recently picked up a large lot of Range Fans... REALLY nice, hardly used, being from Ft. Hood and such.
I lost the bid for the can of squelch, 12 ea to a case WHO got that???? I think may of been CFC free!!! GOING GREEN!!!!

G-Force

Those are the bolts that everybody has left over after they work on the 6.2L GM engine. One is supposed to be installed on the intake manifold and held in place by injector lines and the other goes under the intake manifold. Generally most people just throw them in their tool box because they don't know where they go......if you don't install them very BAD things could happen......

hre513

Looks like an intake bolt, but could be a bolt for a number of locations. My guess is it got dropped in the valley and replaced with another. The 6.2 is mostly metric fasteners. The trans to engine bolts are SAE and the motor mount brackets to engine bolts are SAE.

Attachments

kentuckycucv

Lol Maybe my rat nest was a "Pack Rat" nest and it ran around the lot gathering nuts and bolts from other trucks...
Or it was part of the sky hook assembly for holding the hood open on windy days.
In boyscouts at summer camp I got sent on a mission to all the other troops looking for a squeegy sharpener.