• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1031 to shelter carrier dually conversion

TGP (IL)

Yeah Gimp, if you don't mind. Tom, the 14 bolt was only used in dually pickups after the 88/91 body change.
Well that explains it for me.
I was referring to the square body trucks (73-87).
Don't know much about the GM trucks after the model change in 88,91 for one tons and suburban's.
After I saw GM went to Independent Front suspension, I knew I bought my last new GM truck.
Tom

HillbillyWizard

Hoping one of you gents might have the answer to my problem... M1028A3 or M1028A2 dually adapters used a 5/8-18 stud (not the studs in the hub, but the studs in the adapter) with a very large knurl about .868" to .870"

Does anyone know where to find this stud or even a P/N? I need just one to replace a broken one.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoping one of you gents might have the answer to my problem... M1028A3 or M1028A2 dually adapters used a 5/8-18 stud (not the studs in the hub, but the studs in the adapter) with a very large knurl about .868" to .870"

Does anyone know where to find this stud or even a P/N? I need just one to replace a broken one.
John I get all that kind of stuff from McMaster Carr. Google them and they will pop right up.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - I am still looking for a good pair of CUCV front fenders.

HillbillyWizard

John I get all that kind of stuff from McMaster Carr. Google them and they will pop right up.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - I am still looking for a good pair of CUCV front fenders.
Thanks, but I already tried there. Dorman doesn't make them, tried a few other places too. I can't even find the P/N because from what I see they weren't put in the -34P manual.

HillbillyWizard

Bad news if someone finds this thread looking for the stud I was looking for... But here was my solution. Bought a stud with the large knurl and machined it into the stud I needed. IMG_20200308_213343499.jpgIMG_20200308_213655337.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks