• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

120lbs of Kitty Litter

Unfortunately, the zombies I work with are protected by federal law, and cannot be suppressed.

As far as my business model, do you think $15/mo for Zombie Insurance is too steep of a price point? I think that's reasonable, considering I have much more to accomplish than a regular life insurance company.

So far as I know, there is no zombie tag tax - they're always in season, just grab as many as you can bag.

ODdave

Take lots of pictures!

And like Trawler Scott said, winching with the rear duals won't work unless the rear axle is locked.
How did the old gmc trucks use that "eye" on the front hubs as a winch then? I understand that you would not have a garenteed %100 of your power going to it but it seems that tha resistance that that oposing tire(s) would be greater because of the diameter of the tire in relation to the diameter of the hub (wheel)....

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The way my dad did it in the '50s was to run a rope or cable to the duel on each side of one drive axle (dad's trucks had open differentials like the deuce). Put something 10 or 20 feet behind the truck the same length as the distance between the duels like a 4x4 or 2x6 board to keep the rope/cable spread. You can anchor the rope or cable at a common point, they just need to be in line with the truck so as the truck backs up it winds up the rope/cable without it slipping over the tire. If you have to go forward, the front tires will keep the rope/cable spread. The rope/cable just needs to be off the ground a little to keep them on the outside of the front tires.

Getting a deuce out backwards this way has to be easier then getting a tractor trailer out going forward.

There was nothing substantial that I could see anywhere around the truck. I'm kind of interested in this winch method you're talking about - to get the cable unwrapped, just drive forward once you're out? I'm having a hard time visualizing it so I think I'd have to go look at my truck to understand it.

Kalashnikov

How did the old gmc trucks use that "eye" on the front hubs as a winch then? I understand that you would not have a garenteed %100 of your power going to it but it seems that tha resistance that that oposing tire(s) would be greater because of the diameter of the tire in relation to the diameter of the hub (wheel)....
Do you have a picture? I'm not familiar with the "eye."

But the winching tire still has more traction otherwise the other tire would be moving the truck forward.

rickf

There was nothing substantial that I could see anywhere around the truck. I'm kind of interested in this winch method you're talking about - to get the cable unwrapped, just drive forward once you're out? I'm having a hard time visualizing it so I think I'd have to go look at my truck to understand it.
Do a Google search for "wheel winch". That should give you an idea. What comes up shoud be a setup for Jeeps but you will see the principle.

Rick

jaxsof

We have here in the archives a book some of us should look through(it has some good pictures) One I was required to be familiar with when I still wore Garbage Green. FM5-125 -Rigging. If you dig a little hole, and bury a log or two, it makes a pretty good anchor. But seriously, If you go through it, it can keep the TF up and running.
Glad you got her out!!

ODdave

Do you have a picture? I'm not familiar with the "eye."

But the winching tire still has more traction otherwise the other tire would be moving the truck forward.
Sorry, i thought i had read on here that the "ring" was used for winching somhow, but i guess it is for "tie down" purpuses, I still belive the "wheel winch" idea would work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks