• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2-Fer Friday

AaronW

bumper numbers?

I'm going to "assign" this truck to the unit that my grandfather died in. He assumed command of the 15th Aviation Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division on 6 AUG 1964. The truck is a '63. He was killed in Feb of 65.

So...Do I need more info for bumper #'s? A company #?

Re-reading the newspaper article regarding the memorial service, I found HQ, B, & A companies listed in attendance. Is the C.O. always in HQ? Would his vehicle be HQ-1? (I'm sure it would not be a 109 though.)

Looking through even more info, I found his DA form 52-2(Statement of Casualty) In typical Army jargon following his name, service #, and rank is: RA; INF; HQ & HQ DET, 15TH AVN BN, 1ST CAV DIVISION, KOREA.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks