• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2002 HmMWV DEEEEP fording ? PICS

rolling18

my recent buy has (or had) fording kit..

mainly wondering how do check what thiis and how to use, clean, maintain it? .....looks like has a sight glass?
looks to be part of the fording system..
the fording dash valve tall exhaust stack had been removed, as well as other lines cut that I can see under the hood..

also is a cut hose that looks like is was very weak... and seperated but doesnt leak anything?
thanks for any help (i have been using search as well)

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CDR valve is missing, be CAREFUL, one of those openings leads directly into the intake, one little washer, screw, nut etc and you will be buying a new engine.

sp00n

The black kettle looking thing by the firewall with the sight glass on it is your power steering reservoir. Power steering pump does a bunch of jobs on the HMMWV, it also powers your brakes and the fan clutch so make sure it's topped off and functional. It uses dextron 3 (basically ATF) not power steering fluid.

You're also missing the cdr valve. Order one immediately

rolling18

Finally took some pix of my "new" rig...

some good news on the "fording kit"
during a deep cleaning in the rear seat wells I found the;
.. Broken control valve,
--- water "sensor bucket thing
--- CDV both with huge hacksaw / grinder cuts across them!
why would anyone try to remove these kits anyway???
luckily they cut the tubes to the control lever where I could probably restore them when i get the new controller and CDV

also found battery hold down bracket, thick rubber pad with 2 offset holes about 8in x 2 in

Attachments

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t like the battery compartment. I see wires
so far I just need to check / do deffered maint that some here have suggested.. to keep the things all working

came with a troop canopy cover too but i dont plan to use that
first thing I did was take the troop seats off and added a c-pillar. I have the troop carrier top and hoops but I don’t have a use for it. Might be nice if you were building a truck for camping

rolling18

I don’t like the battery compartment. I see wires

first thing I did was take the troop seats off and added a c-pillar. I have the troop carrier top and hoops but I don’t have a use for it. Might be nice if you were building a truck for camping
yes same here took off troop seats and bars too whats the C-Pillar?

I do want to put an airlift rear bumper as a priority, so I can add a reciever hitch so I tan tow shit...

badger_610889

No need for bumpers Indeed!

Both of my humvees don't have bumpers and my plan is to unbolt the military hitch on one of them (probably the m1123) and adapt a square universal receiver so different hitch balls and accessories can be used there.

I have adapted a military hitch on a universal kit so that I can use my old military trailer even with my Tesla :)

rolling18

No need for bumpers Indeed!

Both of my humvees don't have bumpers and my plan is to unbolt the military hitch on one of them (probably the m1123) and adapt a square universal receiver so different hitch balls and accessories can be used there.

I have adapted a military hitch on a universal kit so that I can use my old military trailer even with my Tesla :)
thats the paet I need to look into "ADAPTING".. the hard part! I wish I could adapt something to my Model S as well!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks