• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2002 HmMWV DEEEEP fording ? PICS

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the body but the frame
You will most likely not catch the frame on a rock. It’s that corner that drags. I think that’s why they have different applications for different environments. I really like with or without. I wouldn’t spend the to ad it probably if I didn’t have it. I would like the spare tire carrier. I think it’s sexy

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will go measure mine now. I’m sure that it’s at least 10” below the body
Looks like 9 1/2 “ it’s dark so I might be off a little bit.
my recent buy has (or had) fording kit..

mainly wondering how do check what thiis and how to use, clean, maintain it? .....looks like has a sight glass?
looks to be part of the fording system..
the fording dash valve tall exhaust stack had been removed, as well as other lines cut that I can see under the hood..

also is a cut hose that looks like is was very weak... and seperated but doesnt leak anything?
thanks for any help (i have been using search as well)
OP check this out and see if it helps you! I really think you need to get a bumper first! Hahahaha

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just installed one today and it's more like 7/8" hanging down beyond the frame. I do like the looks without, but you will need mud flaps and a rear plate in oregon. View attachment 876572View attachment 876573
I put on mud flaps with some 2" angle iron, and cheap mud flaps from NAPA. used 20 mil PVC tape from the irrigation section of home despot as a physical barrier between the aluminum body and steel angle iron.
Bolted the angle iron to the bottom of the fender below the tail lights, then bolted the mud flaps to the angle iron. I think total I spent like $60 for everything 3 years ago.
License plate just got an angle bracket and little LED light inside the frame by the pintle hook at first, but now mounted to my Federal Military rear hitch receiver plate.

56e2e3c34e767b8f45f04b77b9c4689dedf28906-1.jpg

I do take my rig out on the jeep trails around here. Many of which I don't actually fit on, but still manage to make it to the end.
If I didn't, I would absolutely have a full rear bumper on my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks