• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: !fla rally

Looks like my pickup truck. I don't know when I'll get the dropside from TN but no way I can get the SF97 and title in time. Would like to take the crane but the cab is still at Dmans awaiting some welding and I doubt I have the time to pull off the swap for the event. Hate being MVless for the event but I'm still going!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

What, you can't drive it with the old cab?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Clinto, it has no wiring harness. Feeding the new one in with the cab in place is a pain in the butt. Thats too much work for nothing in my opinion.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Understood and agreed. Carry on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I will add this. Desperate times require desperate measures. You never know what I'll do with 2 weeks to go and no roadworthy deuce.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Kenny, I still have DD's towbar and access to a Dodge dually with a gooseneck trailer.
If we can make it down to the rally would you be interested in having your dueces delivered to the rally?
I could tow one with the 5 ton and we could haul one on the flatbed.
Let me know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm, let me think about that one Richard. Any thoughts on how much to get them to your place, or cost for the whole ride to the rally?

devilman96

Well I got back up to the property again this weekend.. Didnt get jack accomplished for "work" but I tried! Tractors and other things seem to like to break and parts seem to be hard to come by when you NEED them.

However... Things are lookin pretty go thus far for the rally... only problem so far is it's DRY AS A BONE up there so the Pinz guys might be out of luck on a mud hole this year. If ma nature doesnt give in I might be track hoe'ing a hole out but the current water table might not even allow for that.

Plenty of open space for camping and a lot of new clearing as well as trails...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just going to bring this up to the top when I saw that you posted. I just tried to prepay my tickets but it wouldn't let me. I'll drop off the cash! Looks good!

devilman96

Also...

I have had a LOT of people pre buying tickets thus far... Thank you!!! The 10$ is a small ammount but it is really helping to pay for some of the deposits on things like pot'a'poties! Not to mention it looks like were going to have one heck of a turn out this year!!!!

http://www.odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=629

... and yes... you can always pay cash when you get there!!!

Attachments

tjcouch

I am thinking about taking an off highway route to the destination . . . .

I am VAGUELY familiar with Richloam/Green Swamp - but does anyone know if my listed route might work . . . . which is to say do the roads that appear to traverse the WMA actually go through?

Attachments

sak00

I maybe wrong, but I run richloam all the time. The powerlines are basicly the boundard. I have not run across anything that goes straight through. That 471 up to Hwy 50 and take a left and then south on Hwy 33 ( only a few miles).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks