• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 Rausch Creek mv rally sign up thread!!!

No.2Diesel

2009 Rausch Creek Mv Rally Signup Thread!!!

Hello!

Wow time flies! I remember us few getting together for the first time in 07' like it was yesterday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would again like to invite Forum Members to attend the:

3rd Annual Steel Soldiers Military Vehicle Rally at Rausch Creek Offroad Park October 22nd - 25th
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the new and un-informed:

Fun filled weekend consisting of:
-Convoying to event - I will be determining rendesvous points based upon attendees location.
-Offroading - The opportunity to legally test your MV's natural born abilities on 2,000 acres in Coal Country. It wasn't made to sit in a garage
-Camping - Low Impact, carry in/carry out. Porta craps on site, No running water. Alternative lodging is located about 25 min. ride down 81 (more details to come)
-Parts trading - Bring your extra stuff to sell
-Consumption of Alcohol is permitted only after you've finished offroading for the day
-Fire is permitted
-Associated Rally T-shirts will be available (maddawg308 did an excellent job last year)

-Please go to the Rally section at the bottom of the forum page for previous rally info and pics!!

Just put down what MV(s) your attending with, what State your from, and how many guests so we can get an idea for t-shirts.

Mark Your Calendar!!! I hope to see you there! Thank You Chris S. et.al. for making this possible!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendees:

No.2Diesel, Brother + 1 guest -- M35A2, M923
MAXM37 + 1 guest ---------------- M37
M37Dodge + Son ------------------ M37
PAFARMER --------------------------- BobJob Deuce
THEROAD ---------------------------- M35A2
bobisgod ---------------------------- M998
Maddawg308 ----------------------- M35A2
Tlucca -------------------------------- M35A2
Jakelc + Wife ----------------------- M35A2
PowerHouseDeuce + Wife ------- M818, M105
Fred368 + Wife --------------------- ?
lw50mg -------------------------------M813A1
powersmoke18 --------------------- M818 bobjob
86M10086.2L ------------------------ M1008 CUCV
kassim503 --------------------------- M1009 CUCV
skidder + guest --------------------- 2X M35A2

Attendees W/Civvy or no Vehicles:

MACSOG
Sgt Shuker
Coal Cracker
XJCowboy
M37_power
JeeperDave
03silverado
jayjetseck

Attachments

Last edited:

PaFarmer

PA Farmer, Bobbed deuce, PA, Friday and Saturday, may have the wife and kids stop up Saturday. My Dad (The Road) is planning to attend as well in his deuce.

LanceRobson

I'm in! Chris and I will be down from central New York for the four days. We' really looking forward to it.

Probably bring a deuce. I think we'll drag down the pioneer trailer with a generator, tools, gas air compressor.

The son who was thinking of coming up from Fort Lauderdale will likely be there. He just got transferred to his company's Manhatten office and is living in NJ.

Ya might want to amend your first post to state the alcohol is permitted only after all trail riding is over! :-D

Lance

M37Dodge

Dodge M37

Weather permitting, I'll be there again with my son and Dodge M37. I really need to swap out the flathead - much too wimpy to pull the M101 trailer on the road.

UPDATE: THREE PEOPLE now going.
We had such a blast last year that my nephew wants to come as well. That makes 3 people. I'll be pulling a covered M101a1 to avoid unloading the truck while on trails.

We'll be there early Saturday and staying overnight. I'm a local (40mles) in case anyone needs something (firewood :))), part or tool) call my cell before I leave for RC.

Never did swap out the flathead engine as I fixed a major timing problem caused by the engine rebuilder before I got it. It runs so well now that I focused on other things - "Honey do list.".

Last edited:

tlucca

Banned
Rausch

I am looking forward to attending this year. I have a 71' deuce w/w that I want to sell or possibly trade for a blazer. If anyone is interested please e-mail me, tlucca@mac.com.

sgtshuker

i will be attending this year for the first time. the only problem i have is that i dont have an MV only a '98 ford explorer that is still stock. also how much ground clearence should you have on an suv for the trails

Coal Cracker

Wow I'd love to go, Waitin for EUC. And I want to go over truck with a fine toothy comb, before I venture out. Whats the latest I can let you know?

I live about 45 min north of Rausch, If anybody needs help, I have plenty of safe Storage, and tools, if you are looking for any area info, Places to stay/ Directions/ Parts/ :wink: I'll hook you up.

MAXM37

MaxM37, from Central PA bringing '54 M37 and at least one guest.
I am also looking forward to it, arriving Friday mid morning and leaving late afternoon Saturday.
2 XL T-shirts if needing size
Can someone list the cost, if any?

LanceRobson

I hate to post this because as the cavalry guys say it, I've been "leaning forward in the saddle" in anticipation but I'm going to have to drop out. Our youngest son's college open house weekend is the same weekend.

He only wanted one school, only applied to one school and got an early acceptance last year so it's off to one last open house! (our fifth)

Lance

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Congrats to your son's efforts! It can be pretty stressful. We will definetly miss your company and conversation! That springloaded impact wrench (swench (sp.)) came in handy!

As for us we'll be there with the M35A2 and the M923.

I've been working on persuading some more guys near me to attend for the past year. I'll add them to the list when it becomes certain.

Last edited:

PaFarmer

I am really looking forward to it. I am bringing my bobbed deuce. I Recently sold my M-109. I told the buyer, Fred, I'd pay his admission if he brings it to the Rally. My dad is bringing his M-35.

I have some local knowledge, so let me know if there is anything I can help with, restaurants, hotels and the like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks