• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 Rausch Creek mv rally sign up thread!!!

MAXM37

Ah yes I see, but I do not have a son...was going to bring my brother, but still not sure if he can make it. M37Dodge should be listed with his son.....weather permitting he wrote :)

PaFarmer

I have not eaten at the Log Cabin, I have stopped at Rachel's, about two miles from the park. Depends on how far you want to convoy. There are a bunch of places to eat at the Pine Grove exit, 1 exit below the exit for the park.

No.2Diesel

Thank you for the different ideas.....It wouldn't mind driving farther. That would be a neat to convoy to dinner one night.

I guess as long as they have enough parking and its not just a fast food joint.

M37Dodge

Ah yes I see, but I do not have a son...was going to bring my brother, but still not sure if he can make it. M37Dodge should be listed with his son.....weather permitting he wrote :smile:

Cool - there will be 2 M37's this year. :) I've been posting the info on power wagon and M37 forums. Maybe more will come.

No.2Diesel

Hey Fred,

Come on Down! If you don't have an MV you can ride with someone or if you have a 4x4 that you'd like to wheel you can do that too. Stock vehicles will have no problem.

Thank you everyone for your interest in this event. We're only a few weeks away now so I hope everyone's getting their trucks in shape! Don't leave it to the last minute!

lw50mg

Hi' Am new to site and my M813A1, Just now found this rally. How much does it cost? What do we need to bring? According to Map Quest I'm 126 miles from the rally. To this day I have only driven my truck twice. I have always liked camping. Please advise. Thanks Laddie

No.2Diesel

Hi lw50mg,

Welcome to the site! Awesome 5ton. If your 813 is mission ready, then by all means bring it! We convoy to & from this event so that no one feels uncomfortable driving long distances. I am 230 miles from RC so I do a bit of operating. Our main east/west convoy route is I-78. Looking at the map, if you take Rt209 to Stroudsburg and proceed down Route 33 we can meet up with you on I-78 at exit 67 near Hellertown, PA. Its 61 miles from you.

Thursday the 22nd is our convoy day and I will be starting out from home right after the morning rush so I'll be at exit 67 by late morning, noon. That way no one has to travel at night time and we can take our time.

I will post all convoy info in the other RC general info thread next week.

In terms of costs, straight from the website:

Rausch Creek Off Road Park is a membership-based facility. There are no pre-requisites or waiting lists. All drivers and passengers must sign a membership application & liability waiver. Drivers and passengers age 16 and up are required to become members of the park which costs $10 per year and is good for one year from the date you join. Membership cards are given out when you join.

Children age 15 and younger are free, however, we require a parental waiver. All members under the age of 18 also require a parental waiver.

The daily entrance fee is $35.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $5.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $5.00 fee is waived that day). We offer free primitive camping for our members.

What to bring:

Just your regular camping gear and food etc. Everyone pretty much brings and cooks there own food but we tend to share alot too. If you wanna bring some firewood that would be great. I'm bringing firewood and if a few people bring a small share then we'll have plenty. The woods are picked clean so you won't find much lying on the ground. If anyone has a cooking grate, bring it. Most people make use of their cargo area and sleep in their trucks.

If you have any tech questions for your M813A1, post in the Vietnam and newer 5ton forum and we'll be sure to answer your questions. I wanna see that thing at the Rally!

Hey fred368 what MV did you bring? There are plenty of trails of all skill levels to keep you occupied. :p

M37Dodge

Also, Rausch Creek only took CASH last year.

Laddie - convoys will form up (postings to follow likely) - join one on the way past your place or link to one on an interstate. It is more fun, safer, and a relief in case you break down - surounded by fellow MV nuts/spare parts/shadetree mechanics. I carry spare tools, axle shafts, rope/ chain, tratra joints, u-jts, oil, water, 24v bulbs, . . ..

JeeperDave

I live in Gettysburg Pa. Have a stock 2000 Jeep Wrangler with a 2.5 and 5-speed-man. May bring some friends with another wrangler and Chevy pickup. It is okay for civilian vheicles to some since none of us have any MVs (yet). What would be the easiest place to meet? I can meet sometime friday evening after class. I will double check with others and reply time.

m37_power

I want to come, but my M37 isnt quite finished yet. Do you guys mind if i bring my willys edition wrangler and my friend follows me in his built rubicon? Imy dying to see some of your rigs in action and rausch creek is a insane place to test them. Also, do you know what trails you are running yet? I promise to have the M37 up there next year.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Welcome JeeperDave & m37_power!! Yes you can come in any 4x4. You can ride your own or take a ride in someone's MV, doesn't matter. JeeperDave if your coming Friday afternoon just be sure you check in at the office. It looks to be an hour and a half ride for you.

m37_power we'll be riding every fat and thin green trail & some blues. If we have alot of smaller jeeps etc. than you can break off from the group and do the tighter trails that we can't fit.

Hope to see you guys there!

powersmoke18

alright well i'm going to try to make it this time!!!!! just gotta get the 5 ton up to school the week befor!!! i will prolly be there on saterday into sunday! i may be solo not sure yet!! trying to get some poor sucker to travel in my noisey truck!!! hope to see you all there!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks