• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 Rausch Creek mv rally sign up thread!!!

ironwolf85

The 818's throttle response wasn't As quick As it use 2 b. Then it started to hick up when I would shift into a higher gear . Now it isn't starting. Checked the filter & it is clean. When I try to start it it doesn't smoke so it's not getting fuel sooo???? It's a brand new truck so I don't think something broke. Maybe sucking air. I duno.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

...yeah doesn't sound like its getting fuel. Maybe a fuel line is totally clogged. Try disconnecting the line before it goes to fuel filter and use compressed air to blow out the line from the other end before going into the tank. If its not there then disconnect between the filter and IP and blow that out.....

Maybe somone else can chime in as I'm not sure if there is an additional filter screen in the IP...

ironwolf85

I will have 2 try that. we Messed w it today n got it to fire up but it died after 30 seconds or so. We checked the filter n it sucked the fuel outta that so we filled it back up and same thing happend so I guess it's plugged up b4 the filter .

powersmoke18

well the there was no adjustment in the linkage. apparently AM general or the military just cut and welded the linkage so i followed suit. works good now!! got the truck up here at penn tech. waiting for saturday!!! as for an ip filter yes the cummins pt system has a screen but i would check the tank. is it full?? sometimes the fuel pickup can break off at a certain level. if your worried about a clog i would blow compressed air back thru the line. see if you could dislodge it. remeber the m818s are plauged with fuel tank selector valves problems. if its a faulty fuel line or o ring put air on the tank the leak will be evident!! lemme know if you need help. ill do my best to be a forum mechanic!! lol

ironwolf85

The fuel Pick up was my first thought because my Duce got me good the first week I had it but unfourtunately it's not the case. My left tank is almost full and my right is about 1/4. We r prolly gonna give it a shot of air or pressurize the tank Wednesday and c if that will do the trick. One other thing, I'm putting 53's on my truck I need to get longer nut studs(think I said that right) on the front right? If so where can I get Em?

MAXM37

Calling for Hard Rain Friday Night into Saturday....I think I am going to take advantage of living so close and only drive up for the day Friday. With a cold coming on and my Cargo Cover not fitting water tight on the sides yet......I don't think I need to sleep in the Cold Hard Rain!
See you Friday morning

powerhouseduece

The Maryland convoy is still heading up friday morning, if all goes well we should be there around noon. I might need a few hands to help set the tent up. If there calling for rain then a semi- dry shelter to hang out in. see you guys there.

PaFarmer

My Dad and I are coming up Thursday afternoon and staying through Saturday afternoon.

Got the master cylinder replaced in my bobbed deuce, it is good to go. His deuce is ready to go too.

I'll bring some tarps to string up between trucks or trees. Maybe that will be like carrying an umbrella to keep it from raining.

I'll bring some fire wood and beer.

Looking forward to a good time.

FormerNewMVGuy

Well , regretfully i wont be coming this year. To much goin on in my life and lack of funds, coupled with hard rain on saturday. Maybe next year i can resume coming to the rally.
I hope you all have a good time, and take lots of pictures.

OLDCHEV4X4

Well, I am sick as a dog, and missed 3.5 days of work. There's no way i can make it. You guys don't want what i have anyway. Have fun and hopefully i will make it next year.

M37Dodge

I am planning for Sat-> Sunday. However, that depends on the weather. My 10 year old son is upset about the possibility of not going. I will be watching the weather - I'm < 1 hour away, so can pop over easily.

EDIT: We WILL be going rain or shine Saturday. I will bring firewood. I doubt I will stay overnight if it is raining buckets.

Last edited:

Lex_Ordo

I spoke with Dave this evening.
He and his brother got there w/out issue. Set up camp and are awaiting the others.
Should be a good weekend despite the rain.
Enjoy guys.

ironwolf85

I'm leaving sat morning around 8. I live in York pa. If anyone is in the area and leaving sat let me kno n we can meet up. Any1 kno how many ppl made it so far?

M37Dodge

IronWolf85 - I could convoy with you on the East shore on I81 anywhere between Harrisburg and Hershey as I as driving up from E-Town or you could take Rt 30 to Rt 441 North (basically past my house) and then we convoy North through E-town & Hershey to RC (same or slightly shorter distance than going thru Harrisburg). Let me know.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaving work at 3pm today, hope to get up there around 7-7:30 or so. Will be in a civvy truck, so someone better save a passenger seat for my butt. I'll bring beer and cigars.

ironwolf85

M37 if u want to still want to meet up u can call me 717-891-0800. I'll b up till 12:30 or so tonight. We will b leaving tom morning around 8 and it will take about n hour from where I'm leaving to b in the harrisburg area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks