• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 Rausch Creek mv rally sign up thread!!!

OLDCHEV4X4

As much as i want to go, it looks like i am not going to make it. There is still a 10% chance i will be up for the day on Saturday. If there isn't a open seat, I will split fire wood and get chow ready.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

10% is a pretty good chance then :p Maybe the probability of attending will increase now that you know I'm bringing the forgotten coffee kettle. :-D

Thanks for your offer to help.

Reminder to others: Bring a little bit of firewood, any size. I will bring my engine-driven saw :hammer:

PaFarmer

I'll bring a some firewood. Comming up on Friday and staying through Saturday. My wife and kids are planning to come up on Saturday for the day to ride along in the deuce.

My biggest issue is going to be which deuce to bring. The master cylinder and a wheel cylinder need to be rebuilt in my bobbed deuce. I have the parts and should have the time to square it away. I just got a third deuce, which has air assist steering, but I need to replace both windshields, rebuild at least one wheel cylinder and have the fuel tank strapped down to the bed. I would like to run it at RC to try out the air assist along with the Goodyear radials it has mounted. If it comes to it, I have the standard deuce I brought last year, it is ready to roll.

I am looking for the hardware to remount the fuel tank on the frame on my newest truck. The prior owner did some "way off" off-roading and dented the tank up pretty well along with the battery box. He put the tank in the bed and discarded the battery box along with the hardware for mounting the tank (brackets and straps). If anyone happens to have those parts or a good lead on such parts, let me know.

powerhouseduece

It's good to hear that you will be there Jay. Im sure there are a few empty seats to fill. The only thing I ask are for the guys that show up early Saturday, please keep it quiet coming in to the site, some of us might be a little hungover from the party the night before! :twisted:

powerhouseduece

Im really happy with my new (well.. new to me) GP small and going to be a happy camper! I had jakeLC15 and my brother help set it up today. Now all im waiting for is my wood stove and ill be keeping some friends and gear nice and warm!

Attachments

kassim503

Hey, I may be available to trip it down for saturday, schedule permitting and if the 1009 wants to grumble to life or not. Being a first timer, for this, well, what should I do, and what should I bring?

I know this is pretty late notice, but I dont scroll around very much:-D

No.2Diesel

The tent looks good Powerhouse!

Glad you can make it Jay. Too bad you can't bring the MV!

kassim503: Welcome! You can convoy with us off the Island! I'll send you a PM.

M37Dodge

Hey, I may be available to trip it down for saturday, schedule permitting and if the 1009 wants to grumble to life or not. Being a first timer, for this, well, what should I do, and what should I bring?:-D

I know this is pretty late notice, but I dont scroll around very much

Good question!
1. Tent/sleep in truck
2. extra socks - to stay warm
3. warm clothes
4. extra oil/coolant - especially if you elect to drive thru deep water and need to flush diffs
5. extra u joints
6. extra fuses/elect tape/16ga wire - to make McGuiver fixes
7. top off all fluids before leaving
8. Firewood - we had massive excess last year and too little the year previous
9. food/liquids - we are generous with ours [I'm bring cast iron mountain pie and hot dog cookers to be placed in the fire]
10. Nintendo DS - to challenge the kids and for slow moments
11. camera
12. wet wipes - gets dusty
13. $$ to pay for park/buy other guys MV parts
14. MV stuff you want to sell
15. Jack
16. spare heater hose in case of failure
17. small tool set - we all bring some. [I'm local in case you need shop tools or a place to crash for the night.]

Last edited:

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Thank you, those are all great things to bring. I finally made up a spare parts box using a 20mm ammo can. Its great to have everything in one spot and contained.

To add to that list, for the Deuce I'm packing:

-First Aid Kit
-Extra wheel cylinders
-Plastic fuel line with ferrules
-Extra inner & outer wheel seals
-Two extra 9"x20" tubes & flaps
-Tire spoons and bars to breakdown split rim tires
-Extra gaskets & o-rings for canister filters
-"Green-Stripe" Radiator hose of different sizes
-Extra three position headlight switch, starter button, turn signal
-Electrical wire & related tools
-glycol
-extra diesel
-etc. etc.

for camping I'm packing:

-firewood
-camo net system
-rope
-cold rated sleeping bag + folding cot
-coleman stove
-propane
-25+ gal. of water (MOST IMPORTANT)
-Medium ALICE Pack for clothes supplies etc.
-Mermite cans, coolers etc.
-FOOD

MAXM37

I have convinced my father to join me on the trip. Please mark him on the list and for another XL T shirt. I still need to install my back cargo bows and canvas. I better get on it!

kassim503

No2 Diesel, thank you for your speedy reply, i'm still up in the air about who is coming with me, but im about 90% positive that I will be there. Hopefully I'll see you there!

powersmoke18

anyone have a 5ton transfer case in the nj area?? mine blew a bearing any ideas?? need to have it together by sunday!!! any ideas?????

M37Dodge

5-ton t/c? So, are you repairing or replacing it? If just a bearing - hit a local bearing supply house. Replacing the unit in a hurry locally? - then try Mike Metzger Bethlehem PA 610-791-0681 (maybe new # since last checked), Joe Young Inc. (Mighty Joe Young, email mvtrucker@aol.com) Bridgeton NJ 609-451-5014 - as a website, Doncar Equip Co Flanders NJ - MV restorations, Coleman's Suplus - just North of Harisburg PA 1-888-478-7758, Thomas Murray - Dover DE 302-736-1790 - exports M151/M35 and 5-tons, finally your best bet in a hurry - www.easternsurplus.net/deuce.htm.

Well that should be a good start.
-M37Dodge

powersmoke18

ok guys dont panic!!! after a 24hr transfercase swap which included removing picking up and installing the truck is back together!!! looks like i will make it!! however i have no low gear because the linkage needs adjusting. kinda sucks but hopefully i can figure it out!!!! john winslow and company helped with instructions but the big helper of the day was dave at eastern surplus!! awesome guy waited till i got there to close up for the day!! thanks for all ur help guys!!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will definitely be going, but when and how is still up in the air. I have been suffering from swine flu, and now bronchitis, so I am under the weather and if I am better on Friday, I may have to stay here and work to make some $$$ while I can. Plus, if I do go, I might only be bringing the Durango, and will need to ride shotgun with someone else at RC, as my deuce's tires are off and the fuel system is disassembled, might not be able to get it back together in time. You can count on me from Saturday morning thru Sunday morning, beyond that, is primarily up to this series of diseases I have been carrying.

No.2Diesel

Hey,

Thats some hustle Powersmoke! Glad it worked out! The T-case adjustment shouldn't be that difficult, its just a threaded rod right? There will be plenty of people to help at RC if you can still make it.

Man that stinks maddawg...well your welcome bum a ride from any of us!

No.2Diesel

Welcome ironwolf85,

Thats great that you plan to attend. I look forward to seeing your Deuce! Whats wrong with the M818? It'll do nicely on the trails. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks