• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 19th-21st!

phil2968

We will have a great time! Sorry you could not make it this year. Look forward to seeing you there next year. keep your eyes open for pics of the rally here.

The Florida members of SS need to come together! A look at the Florida member database thread (maintained by sixspeed) says we have a lot of members here in the good ole Sunshine State! We need to join forces and show the rest of the SS crowd how good we have it down here! This is a great hobby to be involved in, and what makes it so is the other people in it with you! It would be great if we could all come together at least once a year! If you can't make the Florida rally this year, 2010, lets plan to make 2011 the biggest FL rally yet!

How many tickets can we count on you for?

Just my thoughts on what I would like to see.

SixSpeed

Banned
We will have a great time! Sorry you could not make it this year. Look forward to seeing you there next year. keep your eyes open for pics of the rally here.

The Florida members of SS need to come together! A look at the Florida member database thread (maintained by sixspeed) says we have a lot of members here in the good ole Sunshine State! We need to join forces and show the rest of the SS crowd how good we have it down here! This is a great hobby to be involved in, and what makes it so is the other people in it with you! It would be great if we could all come together at least once a year! If you can't make the Florida rally this year, 2010, lets plan to make 2011 the biggest FL rally yet!

How many tickets can we count on you for?

Just my thoughts on what I would like to see.

Must have just been a bad year for everyone. Granted this years rally was not nearly as organized as years past.

Hopefully next year we can make a collaborative effort to make it HUGE! We have 68 people on the List, and I know there are more out there still.

lavarok

I'm not going to make it this year. For me, its mostly the cold! I don't like it. I had thought about day tripping, but my camo M1009 has a fuel issue that I need to diagnose.

I hope everyone has a great time and most of all - STAY WARM!

stalker

rally

Those of at the rally this year can begin to brainstorm on ideas for next year and the logistics associated with setting it up well in advance.;)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CRISIS IS LOOMING! Just got off the horn with Mike. He was approaching the site and called to make arrangements to pick up the smoker he had reserved with a deposit. The asshat backed out so now we are without a smoker. JamesM had mentioned one in an earlier post so I shot him PM. Anyone reading this have any sources you would like to share? We need your help bad!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The crisis could be well in hand. The old man knows of someone that has one. They are going over the hill at first light to see if they can lay eyes on it!

Well I just put new mantels in my 2 lanterns one also needed a new globe. They fired right up and are all set to provide light tomorrow evening. Does anyone have the brass adapter to fill the small 16ounce cylinders from the 20pounders?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I just put new mantels in my 2 lanterns one also needed a new globe. They fired right up and are all set to provide light tomorrow evening. Does anyone have the brass adapter to fill the small 16ounce cylinders from the 20pounders?
I have the adapter but won't be there until mid morning Friday.

stalker

cooker

Kenny,
Let us know as soon as you hear about the cooker. One of the ticket holders in my group has access to one but getting it there from Tampa would have to be worked out as we are towing a camper already.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wake up and start posting pictures! Come on guys, we want to know what's going on down there!:confused:

It is WETTTTTTTT. Today the Unimog got stuck. They someone took in a M109 in to try and pull him out and got stuck. Then Vinny took his bobbed 5 ton in got it stuck. So we winched the 5ton out. Then the winch shear pin broke trying to pull the unimog out.

We then changed sides and used the 5 ton to try and pull the M109 out, it wouldnt budge. Well around this time Pete with his 5TON HEMMT Hybrid decided to come back. Well Pete's truck weighs 17 tons, he was on dry land. He parked it and when he went to move it the rear wheels had sunk to the hubs in seemly dry land!

So we hooked his crane to the deuce with the broken winch and then the winch to the 5ton bobber and the 5ton bobber to the 109. Using the extra tug from the boom we were able to get the M109 out.

After this we concentrated on the Unimog. There was another Deuce there with an inoperable winch. We used the two Deuce winch trucks connected together anlong with a duece conected by towbar to pull the unimog out. THREE DEUCES TO PULL OUT A UNIMOG. We had out about 300 feet of strap and wire!

So next its time to tackle the 5T/HEMMT. We connected the M109 to another deuce and the lead deuce to the unimog. We also use the Crane attached with some wire and strap to a near by tree. The combination was able to pull the 34,000 pound Monster from the swamp.

It took us about 4-5 hours to free everyone. After that we cleaned up and had dinner!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks