• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW "Mini" Rally Part 2!

srodocker

Hola! glad to have you aboard!!! definatly need to come to our big rally which the link is posted in my sig. and hopefully you can make the mini rally. i think for the mini rally im going to herculine my bed :) thats going to be my project :)

wsucougarx

Hey Joe, you bringing another trailer full of parts/gear down? Is anyone bringing parts and what nots? Aaron, I can get a few of those ammo cans from you then:)

srodocker

so anyone thats coming have any projects? i think i may be either herculining my bed...cutting my bench seat to make it a single seat. a couple other things...i do need to buy 2 tires from brads..

srodocker

heres the address 26008 110th Ave. E. Graham, WA. 98338

and if anyone is driving by brads can i meet you in my civi vehicle there and load up 2 tires i buy from him? my deuce has wires that need to be finished tapped up and dont want to drive it till i get that finished which will be after i get to dans on saturday

Josh

Ed, If you missing the window, messure how big the opening is, and I'll talk to my local glass cutter and see how much it would be to get a chuck of laminated safety glass in that size. I dont know how much larger the glass needs to be, then the visable spot.

Hammer

I don't have the extra frame up here with me right now.
Besides, I was going to use that as an 'experiment' with different thicknesses of glass.
Worst case, having a spare is a good thing, especially with the 4 trucks I have that use the same windshields!

Hammer

Is that before or after Brad's place ;)
Seeing as both things I need right now, he will not sell, then I don't NEED to go there...
Seems that most of the things I wanted there he wouldn't sell. Oh well.

Anyone want to have a small convoy heading north starting around exit 71?
Kind of like last time?

wsucougarx

Ed, you guys made off pretty good at Brad's:) I'm sure there may be more HMMWV parts to be had for your wife. If I go, which at this point looks like a green light, I would like to convoy again. We can meet at Home Depot again or just up the road just off the I-5 exit in Hawks Prairie. Walmart has a pretty good sized parking lot waiting for us:) Just a forewarning, I may be bringing my '68 which is my 45 MPH truck. I think the fuel needs to be turned up but not on this trip:) I really don't need anything at Brad's but I'm willing to stop to see what he has. You guys, we really made his month when we stopped by. He was still grinning ear to ear 2 weeks later. If anything, it could be a social stop to boost some morale for a good friend

Josh

Well If I make this one, I plan on heading out of Portland around 0330 or so(depending when I get of work), and driving up to Aarons house to sleep in his driveway again. Then rally up. But since I dont think I could get sat night off, Im going to start to head south at about 1700 at the latest.

AaronW

I have no plans to stop at Brad's at this time.

I'm planning on taking I-5N to exit 88, cutting off there toward Tenino/Yelm/McKenna.

I expect I'll find Josh in my driveway early. I was planning on rolling at about 0900. Ed, If this sounds good to you, we can meet up at exit 72 right around 0900.

I'll be bringing ammo boxes/sleeping pads/netting spreaders/field desks and whatever else I can dig up.:)

srodocker

ooo i need a wiper motor!!!! and hrm netting spreaders...i found camo netting at brads place :) maybe i'll buy it :)

also Angus you coming? so i know if i need to bring money for the pto :)

seems like we will have everyone again :) i was begining to worry people wernt going to make it. also you guys convoying up be on the look out for a m1009 coming up theres a guy that emailed me coming from portland. i think his screen name was medic151

Actually, that was me that emailed you. We were a little on the fence about comming since it was so early. But, if you are driving up Josh, I'm wondering if you would be willing to have two more ride with you. We'll still be up and awake when you're talking about leaving, and I'm more then willing to pitch in for fuel cost and drive time.

Let me know if that sounds reasonable.

Mike (and the wife)

Hammer

Aaron, sounds fine to me. I didn't need anything from Brad's, so that isn't an important stop for me anyways.

Josh

Actually, that was me that emailed you. We were a little on the fence about comming since it was so early. But, if you are driving up Josh, I'm wondering if you would be willing to have two more ride with you. We'll still be up and awake when you're talking about leaving, and I'm more then willing to pitch in for fuel cost and drive time.

Let me know if that sounds reasonable.

Mike (and the wife)

Dont see why not. But to give ya a heads up, I do have a whistler and I drive with the windows down. I work in downtown portland, so I'm thinking Janzen beach at the Washington - Oregon split on I-5 would be a good meeting spot.

srodocker

Can one of you guys stop with me in my civi vehicle in brads so i can grab 2 tires and throw them in your truck? my truck still has exposed wires which im going to be working on the truck at the rally wrapping them up.

i may be driving it next weekend to belfaire

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks