• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

s1036s

Ill be the second to tell you not to jump on a deal. Just look at a few and you will get to know the problem areas. Then when you find one you like, it may need a couple things here and there, call Brad and find out prices to fix those things. I jumped on mine, and even though I am satisfied with it, I probably could have got a better deal. Rust is major problems, layers of paint can hide a lot. After I pressure washed mine, I found holes in the fenders and hardtop that I didnt even see before. But I also tore the axles apart to find all the brake hardware brand new. So, like I said shop around. They are not as hard to come by as you think, craigslist is small compared to the internet. Put the word out like you have and just wait, someone will find something for ya. :beer:

hwcurtice

Oh BTW, I got my Bows and tarp kit last night. Need to get a few nut and bolt sets to complete it, but all looks good.

Pictures to follow!

Off to delete my ad in classifieds! :beer:

hwcurtice

hwcurtice - Your tarp and bows were for your trailer right? Anybody have a source for cargo covers on the deuce.
Yes, for the trailer.

I know Ft. Lewis has a kit for the m1078 / M1081 that is going on auction next week. I'm pretty sure that won't fit the m35... Which is too bad...

Hammer

And ENTIRE WEEK without a new post? I doubt that.....
Well, the numbering system is off, that wasn't the 4th mini rally of this year, just the 4th mini rally.
I guess that IT is out in the open now, we can move on
To the next rally.

Amer-team

With a Sultan address, you might also keep your eye on the rural fire departments. They have quite a few 2 1/2 and 5 Tons. Sometimes if you ask they are willing to part with them, but haven't put them up for auction yet.

64c30

hwcurtice - Your tarp and bows were for your trailer right? Anybody have a source for cargo covers on the deuce.
There's a surplus store in the old Yard Birds bldg in Chehalis that may have a deuce bed cover. He advertises on Craigs list on the Portland page. I was there about a month ago, and he had a number of covers for various vehicles.

Another source is GMA mfg, that makes assorted cab, bed and trailer covers for the militaty. When I had an M105A2 and deuce, I got a camo cab and tlr cover from them. They were reasonably priced, and had them in about a week. Their website is gmacover.com. Failing that, Google GMA vinyl covers.

64c30

Rally at Dans on 2/12

Sorry to have not passed on my thanks to you Dan for another wonderful gathering. I had a great time and a couple of mighty tasty burgers. Seeing everybody and seeing new faces was a hoot.

I've been remiss in my social graces due to giving the M1009 and tlr a makeover and the time it's taken. After a number of setbacks, the bumper numbers will be applied tomorrow after picking them up at the sign shop tomorrow.

Harold, sorry the adapter didn't come together last Saturday. When/if you have everything and are in the Pacific area this or some other weekend, I'll still help with putting it together.

wsucougarx

Hmm, just went out into the garage to look for the cover....not sure where I put that thing. If it's where I think it is, I won't be able to get to it until I get that MEP-006a moved out of the way

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks