• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

Stalwart

May I suggest that anyone that is helping in the actual engine change, go straight to Dan's. That is, unless you go early. Last time some people that went to Brad's were a couple of hours late. I have been given a time that I must leave, engine changed or not. If we get it changed, there should be many hours left that you/we can pillage Brad's yard at our leisure.

Jinx

Our local Fred Meyers just opened a filling station and was offering .20 cents per gallon off with their loyalty card. I put $100 worth of diesel in the tank and am ready to go on the 12th.

Also noticed that one of my headlights has burned out. Any advice where to buy a 24-volt headlight?

wsucougarx

Scott, absolutely no idea on where the searchlights are. Jinx I try to buy all my parts from Eriks. He has great prices and quick shipping. Never trust a MV's fuel gauge. My 109 and 35A2C have been reading FULL tank from the day I got them.

Stalwart

My fuel gage is pessimistic, when I get down to 1/2 it reads 1/4. I never believe it, mine is still a modern truck but it is still 26 years old. I'll probably dump another $150.00 in the tank to make sure it has a lot in it. Thank goodness for good Racor filters and sight bowls.

wsucougarx

I am a possible at this point. My son did outstanding at the YMCA State Swimming Championships on Saturday. He may end up swimming the day of the rally. I'll know more as the day gets closer. If anything the meet starts at 1300 hrs. I may be able to get away and join the pack early morning and leave by 1100 hrs. Definately won't be driving a MV if that's the case. Need something that'll get up to speed

Jinx

Another successful recovery. My dad and I picked up his new M101A2 trailer today at Ft. Lewis. Got to love it only took 2 weeks for my EUC to clear. Guess they are getting to know me. :mrgreen:

Jinx

Oh, sorry. We used my dad's Ford F150. It's a 4x4 and sits up high, plus he has a pintle mount that raises up from the trailer hitch. Basically it makes the truck level with the trailer.

Not much to say about the pickup. It's my fourth recovery from Ft Lewis so I have the system down pretty good and nothing special happened while we were there.

The trailer is in nice shape, except the paint is peeling in places. It cost $515 + fees.

Here's the trailer:

Attachments

hwcurtice

Oh, sorry. We used my dad's Ford F150. It's a 4x4 and sits up high, plus he has a pintle mount that raises up from the trailer hitch. Basically it makes the truck level with the trailer.

Not much to say about the pickup. It's my fourth recovery from Ft Lewis so I have the system down pretty good and nothing special happened while we were there.

The trailer is in nice shape, except the paint is peeling in places. It cost $515 + fees.

Here's the trailer:

Let me know if he doesn't want that tarp and bow set...

Just asking...

hwcurtice

Did you ever get ahold of anyone on that duce? i sent numerous emails and never got a response :(
Never actually inquired. No $$$ no sense in asking. Know what I mean?

But the ad is still up... hmmmm?

I dislike Craigslist flakes, sellers or buyers. Maybe he just listed it to see what kind of response he would get, or someone listed it for him 'special'. The kindly neighbor that wants that hunk of steel out of the yard, it's making my property go down in value...

Um, neighbor, it ain't the green steel that's doing it. Its the economy!