• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

srodocker

just got home....tired...dan will have pictures when he uploads em should be sweet....had a blast!!!! heading out the door to eat so i'll say thanks to everyone for coming later...haha

Hammer

I have to admit, that seemed to have gone very well!
I give a hand to all those that chipped in and helped out (I just helped myself to some good grub!)
It looked like it went pretty smooth, and that engine definitely sounds good, starts great, and should be a great heart transplant. Way to go Dan on that engine!

And I only ended up spending $40 at Brad's place! Feel like I averted a disaster of spending too much there.

Thanks again guys. Great get together!
See all of you soon enough again.

wsucougarx

Ahh, I just walked in the door. What a day it was. It was great to see everyone. Hopefully I'll have enough time to bring a MV next time. Sorry if I didn't around to meet everyone. I had to cut the rally short to attend my son's swim meet. He won 2 events and placed 2nd in 2 more events. It took everything I had to keep my eyes open in that nice 100% humidity pool room[thumbzup]
I want to thank Dan for allowing us to use his AO for this rally! Thanks for flipping burgers Scott. Again thank you DAN for the RG-213 cable!!!! I can finally get myself motivated to hook up all my radios. When I saw the RG-213 compared to that thin coaxial the military used on the VRC-12 radios. I threw that flimsy thin coax away for the RG213. Thanks Aaronw and Wayne for the gear....like I really needed it huh? Gosh I can't pass up a good deal on gear:wink:

Josh

Just walked through the door. Ed had to open his mouth and say that he didnt think my lines where going to last until I got home. Sure enough. Comming across the I5 bridge I started to smell oil/gas. I turn on my flashlight and sure enough my floorboard and my legs are covered in oil. It wasnt an injection line that ruptured. It was another one of those stupid vinyl lines. When I was crossing the I5 bridge into Oregon I had a 1/2 tank of fuel. My house is 6 miles from that bridge. It died 2 blocks from my house and I coasted it in.

Can I start adding up accidents towards next years hardluck award:roll:

On the bright side. Turning up the IP made the truck a whole new monster. Hills that last time I could barely do 35 up, I was pulling @ 50 with pedal to go. Hottest she got was about 1050-1075 so I may have eniough half turn in it to go.

Otherwise it was a fun and great day. I finally got my injection lines from Brad. Ended up having to buy an injection pump though to get them. Least I got a spare now.

wsucougarx

Josh I think you're working towards a consecutive July Rally award;-). Ended up buying an IP huh? Hopefully he was in a selling mood and gave you a decent price

srodocker

Dang josh so the turning up the fuel really helps huh? im excited to do mine! only pic i have on my phone is of the sign. we really got lucky with the weather holding out as long as it did. dale your so lucky leaving early! cant wait for dan to post some pics of the rally! its so nice out today i want to make my trip to brads but the gf had the day off so not sure what were doing...im wondering if going to brads can be my valentines day present!

i also want to that herald *hwcurtice* for getting me my nato cable! and sorry i didnt say bye when i came back from a hamburger run you were gone

and thank dan for hosting the event!

and for everyone coming

Attachments

Last edited:

AN/ARC186

Thank again to everyone!!!!! going to go out and finish up today and take her for a test drive!

without further ado, pics from the first PNW ZAP Training Day !!

Attachments

AN/ARC186

again

Attachments

AN/ARC186

Now that the pics are posted let me just give a Great big Thank You to absolutely everyone who helped with the swap, a special Thanks to Stuart, we couldn't have pulled it off without you! great crane operating by the way.[thumbzup]
Brad was on hand to make the operation go so smoothly you'd think the rest of us knew what we were doing!!
We accomplished the mission with no casualties (except a spilled root beer) :doh:
I have a telescoping magnet stuck to my fender and it wants to come home, where do I send it?

And now the really important question.....

So did you guys leave me anything to buy at Brads??:mrgreen:

Stalwart

I just ran the crane, trying not to take off fingers, hands and feet. The crane was designed to move cargo quickly, not small increments, thanks for all your patience! The real work was done by, in no particular order: Dan, Matt (told me what to do), Brad (has more energy than a man his age should), Dave (Reo 54 who dove under the truck a for ANY reason), Chris (lent expertise and tools) and a cast of others. And a special thanks to God, who held off the rain until AFTER the truck was again purring like a kitten! It wasn an amazingly successful event, and I got an excuse to drive my truck for 120 or so miles!

Jinx

I concur with everyone else. It was a great event! I loaded up on ammo cans and even an MRE ration. Should have brought more money. Thanks for the cool stuff Aaron and Co.

Looking forward to the next meet in the spring/summer.