• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Wa State Mini Rally #5

BadMastard

rolling18,

I've done a clutch. Things to remember. The sprague shaft need to be retracted for transmission removal and installation. The flywheel bolt holes are NOT symmetrical, it will fit only one way. You should have a clutch alignment tool or putting the transmission back sucks. If you can clean your transmission before starting, you will get less dirt in your eyes. You will need something to clean the flywheel/clutch. Using a transmission mount from below may be easier than a chain hoist in the cab, if your floor is smooth. Remove the bench seat and floor panels first, then use the hoist from the driver side so you can move in the cab easier. Hope that helps.

BadMastard

Oh, one more bit of bad news. I probably won't be able to attend, I've got family coming in from out of town. They may want to go, but I'm not counting on it, since they have their heart set on the puyallup fair for the day.

Scott- lost your number when I replaced my phone. The aluminum is still here, and it's about 4 inches wide, 12 foot long and about 5/8"s thick. Is that what you are looking for?

I may fly down there in the morning and then go to the fair. I'll see how things shake out!

rolling18

rolling18,

I've done a clutch. Things to remember. The sprague shaft need to be retracted for transmission removal and installation. The flywheel bolt holes are NOT symmetrical, it will fit only one way. You should have a clutch alignment tool or putting the transmission back sucks. If you can clean your transmission before starting, you will get less dirt in your eyes. You will need something to clean the flywheel/clutch. Using a transmission mount from below may be easier than a chain hoist in the cab, if your floor is smooth. Remove the bench seat and floor panels first, then use the hoist from the driver side so you can move in the cab easier. Hope that helps.
O wow!! that sounds allot more intimidating than i had hopped.
I have never done a clutch replacement, and i dont have the tools/ equipment necissary (or the room to keep it)
looks like this will have to be something to save for.. as i have mild slipping

thanks for all the info!! saved me from starting another project i am unable to finnish! lol

goodguyzy

If you promise no rape or theft I have some floor you could occupy for the night. I'm about 10 minutes away from the Wal*Mart.
appreciate the offer but ill be coming in late and will just crash in the truck, I don't deny theft, after all I have the green affliction.

can also help with the ATV if I can just swing by and pick it up.

hwcurtice

Right now, the ATV is on hold until some title issues are settled up. Things kinda worthless to me if I can't title it in Washington and apparently in Oregon that isn't a big deal.... :-(

Stalwart

will there be many people bringing their MV's???
anyone done a clutch? I need to pick your brain.. heh:mrgreen:
It looks like we are going to make it unless it pouring down rain. We are bringing the HEMTT as anything else would have to come by trailer and what fun would that be?

Now Scott, what are you assigning us to bring? We don't really care what, we just don't want to decide. :confused:

srodocker

People who are bringing stuff:

Srodocker: 2 cases of burgers. = 80 pattys. and a resturant sized case of varity pack of lays chips.

Badmastard: BBQ Grill and maybe some meat?

Fort Powell: 2 cases of water/2 cases of soda

Olywaden: Buns for bugers. maybe just enough for half. im sure people will double up and im going to take the leftovers home if no one wants the pattys

uhm I think someone said they will bring burger veges and condiments not sure but we still need those. uhm maybe a cpl more cases of water or soda? and if someone has say a table maybe bring that so we can lay everything out? brad said he'll put out chairs for people want to sit can. i'll bring a cpl chairs as well.

if anyone wants to bring those things they can. just chime in :).

like i said i'll be mounting a 395 on a deuce rim if anyone wants to see that. and brad ims ure will let people test out one of his m923's as he has one up and running to drive around the yard.

Josh

One of my injectors took a dump today. I suppose it was good luck that my buddy just had his truck deadlined, Let me pillage one of his truck. I need a 2 hole injector to replace his. If anyone has a spare to be in known good shape let me know...

Ps, it turned my exaust manifold white and part of the turbo housing.

srodocker

awwww...mike...im sure he would love seeing the trucks more!

alright zy sweet deal!

not sure if brad has some josh. test me friday i may have one on my parts motor.

hwcurtice

Right now, the ATV is on hold until some title issues are settled up. Things kinda worthless to me if I can't title it in Washington and apparently in Oregon that isn't a big deal.... :-(
UPDATE.

ATV Transport is no longer needed. The seller can't get a clear title for it because the bank that has the lien won't do any legwork to show it is clear without some extensive paperwork.

So I'm back to looking for one local, Washington, that has a clear title, cheap, that can tow a yard trailer. Needs to be.. oh wait, can't post wanted ads in here... nevermind...

srodocker

soooo found the price out for the box of chips at my work is more expensive then buying it from walmart. anyone wanna grab a lunch size thing of chips?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks