• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Wa State Mini Rally #5

wsucougarx

I don't see why not. In fact you can probably just post in this thread. Probably would be a good place to list needs as well.
So far I'm bringing:
New Lower Radiator Hose/AM-1780 power cable---SRODOCKER

Last edited:

srodocker

sweet stuart! thanks! and your hmmwv so i can make payments hahahha

Yea zy just post in here what you need. so far what i need is

the air transfer case switch. just the little light and switch. (for my fording kit)
deuce fuel tank pump. or the entire setup
deuce tank fuel straps.
a civi hitch receiver if someone has one laying around hehe
ammo cans open to sizes. i love the things.
2 turn signal light guards.
deuce driver side step/toolbox

that should be it lol

Stalwart

Sorry Scott, mine is a 1993 Hummer, not a HMMWV. BUT, it has a higher payload (2 tons), heavier geared hubs, CTIS and sound deadening. Oh, and real seats. :) At least it has CARC paint from the factory . . .

hwcurtice

I have a thought for the next mini rally.

I want to lower my trailer so the tongue is level with my receiver on my Dakota. Would mean doing an axle swap, putting the axle on top of the springs instead of under and doing something with the lunette.

Also includes is changing the tires out for something lower profile. I have some take offs of a GM vehicle that can take wider tires, so that isn't an issue. Its mostly doing the axle swap what with the surge brake set up and all.

So, let me know what you all think. this weekend is out. Trailer needs to make a dump run and I don't have time before the weekend.

hwcurtice

You can buy one of those pintle plates that allow you mount the pintle at any level.
I have one of those. It's too high. I also think that may be the reason my transmission took a dump (See $3K fly out window). It allowed the trailer to bounce too much. If it was level, it wouldn't be so bad.

Two things would be accomplished by lowering it. It would be easier to load and unload. And it would be level with the receiver and hopefully reduce the amount of 'Bounce' against the truck.

Also think that it should turn in to an a1, and get rid of the surge brake system altogether.

goodguyzy

hold on a sec, that trailer should not be bouncing even if at a angle. I tow mine with my 1/2 ton pickup or suburban and it tows real smooth. The only thing not stock is the 16 steel wheels and lower profile trailer tires (lt215/85 r16). I suspect some other problem.

Last edited:

goodguyzy

for sale:
1997 M35A3 wo/w $8,000
mep-16b $550 runs good and has ground rods (loud little gens) no batts, I run it off of slave cable
m101 bows (5) and tarp $150
misc m35a2 parts
2-pin slave cable (new 12'?) $110
wanted:
5-ton front bumper
5-ton shackles and pins
deuce/ 5-ton bows
5-ton and deuce tarps
drop side bed sides
m105 trailer
One 15.5/80r20 Michelin pilote tire
6- 7ton 20" wheels (for the planetary reduction drive trucks)
Pto rebuild kit for a dual output pto (WND-7-28 PTO)
a pto lever
data plates for m35a2
nato slave cable
m35a2 turbo

Last edited:

hwcurtice

hold on a sec, that trailer should not be bouncing even if at a angle. I tow mine with my 1/2 ton pickup or suburban and it tows real smooth. The only thing not stock is the 16 steel wheels and lower profile trailer tires (lt215/85 r16). I suspect some other problem.

Maybe 'bouncing' was the wrong term. When driving, it bumps into my truck against the hitch when stopping and pulls against it when pulling away. The hitch plate, that the pintle is attached to isn't really snug and the lunette is kinda sloppy too. I did go and buy a real pintle hitch so I can ditch the combo unit, so that may help some. But still, the hitch plate is sloppy so when it bumps and pulls, it really does not treat my truck well.

I'd still like to get it lower so it's easier to load and unload. So lower profile tires and the axle swap are next.

goodguyzy

My hitch set up is the same, never thought it could damage a tranny. Thats another thing on the list I need to correct. thanks for the heads up.

Stalwart

So we get a call this morning from my brother-in-law and he says, "you want to come by and drive a 2011 Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe?" Is this a trick question, I ask myself. We arrive in the showroom and drool over the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador in flat black paint, that just arrived last week. I gotta say, its the first Lambo I've ever liked in person. Anyway I digress, he hands me the keys to the Roller and tells me to bring it back tomorrow. Aside from a helicoper, never operated something so expensive or nice. The bad part is I could sell ALL my toys (MV content) and still not have enough to afford one, maybe only a small down payment. Now I know why people like them, I'll never be an owner of one, but I can at least understand why. Now I gotta take it back :cry: