• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 MTA of No. Jersey Sussex Show

emr

How does the camping thing work? I brought my MUTT ambulance last year but had to leave Saturday afternoon. This time I was thinking of camping over night into Sunday. At Aberdeen I sleep in a tent in the bed of my truck that I park near my MV. Can I do the same here? What does everyone else do?
U can sleep right in your truck :) there is a camp fee, cheap, not us the fair goes around and counts, U can have a real camp site hook ups where the campers park, or just set up in your truck :) Its all about a good time, :beer:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Picatiny is sending a USMC MTVR , Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement :driver: Towing a M198/155MM :jumpin: The Guard is sending a few PLS,s with some FMTVs :beer: DONT MISS THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW Randy, I guess it will be worth the 3 day drive, not that I expected anything otherwise.

FormerNewMVGuy

President Emr reqested that i post this here as well......

OK, The date is nearing !
I just wanted to include the judging classes, for those bringing a display vehicle.
All MV's must register , but you may opt out of being judged.
If anybody would like to be a judge for a certain catagory, please contact me , or Randy Emr
Scott- 908-391-2777
Randy 973-219-4499

Please note that we have classes for modified 2 1/2 tons and modified 5 tons this year as well!

Thanks for your support

Scott

Attachments

emr

Sunday late afternoon.
Sunday we have a rush right after 11 am till 4 , it is amazing, I think we are the only show that breaks a couple thousand people by far on sunday afternoon, this year looks to be the biggest yet, we rented more space for vendors than ever before, and we were already the biggest, we consistently brake 100 Military vehicles on display, I dont know of any other club that does that, with that said, we have a different show than others, we cater to vendors, we advertise like crazy, we start organizing for next year the very next month after our show, we push the PUBLIC big time, we want our hobby to grow, we have a 20,000 dollar investment every year, we hustle and hope it shows :) come on down U will LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also have to say , anyone can do it, Its not magic, we work hard and started 11 years ago with no money, we begged and scrapped, We have not lost our desire to put on a first class but most of all FUN show... ...Randy

WarrenD

I went today and if you are not planning on going you should change your plans. GO! You won't be sorry. Thanks to Randy, Scott and all the other hard working MTA folks it was a great day. Randy worked some magic with the weather gods and the day was rain free. Guess the thought of getting tossed into the local volcano was good motivation! :beer:
Now, the old Barker's pitch: You need to GO TO THE MTA SHOW on Sunday! More vendors, more display vehicles, new display vehicles never before seen at MTA, more vendors, (OK I said that already but there really are many more) and our own SRJeeper's Nam display is growing. GO and SEE SRJeeper live and in the flesh after his recent near-death experience. Ask him his views on politics (over 18 for this please!) or just introduce yourself. Run, walk or take the daily driver, just GO TO THE MTA SHOW!!:shock:

bigjmcconnell

My first time as a vendor and I will say it is a great show. Lots of great folks willing to help out. Thanks! I have been to several swap meets and it is the first time I felt valued as a vendor. See you all tomorrow!

martinwcox

My first time at the show as a visitor.

I live near Boston so typically go the the Weare, NH meet.

Hat's off to all for such a great event, I was amazed at the number and type of trucks represented today.

Also got to meet face-to-face with some vendors and SS members I have dealt with, cool!

I thought I would be clever, flew down rented a car at Newark, crap if I buy anything the TSA is going throw me out on the return, gave up all hope, bought large heavy green stuff, piled it into the rental and had to drive home, piss poor planning eh!

To digger09 and his Dad, thanks for the meet and greet, I will be back next year.

Cheers,

Martin.

Last edited:

dstang97

My first time at the show as a visitor.

I live near Boston so typically go the the Weare, NH meet.

Hat's off to all for such a great event, I was amazed at the number and type of trucks represented today.

Also got to meet face-to-face with some vendors and SS members I have dealt with, cool!

I thought I would be clever, flew down rented a car at Newark, crap if I buy anything the TSA is going throw me out on the return, gave up all hope, bought large heavy green stuff, piled it into the rental and had to drive home, piss poor planning eh!

To dirtdigger and his Dad, thanks for the meet and greet, I will be back next year.

Cheers,

Martin.
Wish you wrote this earlier. I was at the show today and will be in boston next week.

BTW, Great show today and I got so much cool stuff.

lindyp38

thanks to art for a great gen cover.....fits like a glove..........i got all sorts of goodies for hells hero.....including a new in the box gm window....thanks to all for a nice day and more great stuff.....im sure the new jeep owner will enjoy his newly restored willys mb......norm did a great job restoring that vehicle......just a beautiful job....with all the norm modifications.....:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

shenkmen

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks