• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin dates/info/attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westech

CPL
6 and a half? try 12 to 14. Your not going to make it fast even in a 900 with big tires. I come from madison and with a MV have never done it faster then 12.
That is dropping down I39 (only one toll) and hitting 70 East all the way in.
You DO NOT want to take 90/94 thru Chicago. DONT! MV's dont fit very well and the 100+ bucks in tolls are not good. I bypass that hole every time now. Its more miles to drop south then over but time, fuel, money, is way less. If there is any hick up in Chicago you can double your road time flat.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a heads up there will be a few changes this year to Haspin and the team will be posting the changes shortly.

cumminsbandit

6 and a half? try 12 to 14. Your not going to make it fast even in a 900 with big tires. I come from madison and with a MV have never done it faster then 12.
That is dropping down I39 (only one toll) and hitting 70 East all the way in.
You DO NOT want to take 90/94 thru Chicago. DONT! MV's dont fit very well and the 100+ bucks in tolls are not good. I bypass that hole every time now. Its more miles to drop south then over but time, fuel, money, is way less. If there is any hick up in Chicago you can double your road time flat.

Wow, yeah I'm wrong. It takes us 8+ hours to get to Louisville. Was thinking something else, I guess. As for going through Chicago, we are not too worried about it. Yeah the tolls suck but we brought three M931's back through there on our way back from Michigan. Only hit 20 minutes of rush hour as you can see from the pic. Was fun actually. Got a lot of thumbs up!

Attachments

rebelcummins

Still hoping to get the cargo bed, Fred Rebelcummins and I are supposed to work something out.
way to go DAN, now every one knows my first name...lol

You bet!
Mine is so much shorter than yours.........tow rope that is!
lol.....rope.....lmao..... thats why you have a big truck.....lol, your compensating.....
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll be there at haspin rally and mybe with my woman too if not it will just be me

Durango_USMC

I'll be there with M1008 and ATV

On a side note... Make sure you guys are running within the letter of the law on these. I dont think there will be any issues as most of us here are pretty responsible. Just a friendly reminder, especially combination vehicles.

rebelcummins

Info update for military truck owners

CDL- Requirements: 26,001lbs GVWR and up CDL is required.

Exceptions: if truck has farm tags or historical tags regardless of GVWR, CDL dose not apply to you even in combenation.

Warning: if your military truck is carrying a commercial tag with a GVWR over 26,000lbs with out a CDL and wrather in combenation or not Don't Get Caught, you will get a citation, tow bill and impond fee.

This message was told to me from a USDOT inspector.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm planning on bringing a CUCV M1009 but that's dependent on a couple bonuses that I am still waiting on. If that falls through, I'll just be towing a M101 to sleep in.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a gathering of current Steel Soldiers members and the public. Even though Haspin Acres is a public off-road park banned members will not be welcomed nor encouraged to attend.

Release of Liability

The website www.steelsoldiers.com and/or Haspin Acres, and any person acting in conjunction with those entities will not be held liable for any injuries to anyone attending the Haspin Rally or damage to personal/private property during the Haspin Rally. All persons accept this personal responsibility and release www.steelsoldiers.com and their agents (rally organizers, volunteers, etc.) and/or Haspin Acres and their agents (employees, etc.) from all and any liability resulting from injury or damages to property from or by attending the rally. Attendance at the rally is and will be understood to signify acceptance of these terms.

The Steel Soldiers Haspin Rally is a Family Friendly Event. Violators will be asked to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks