• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Fall Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that is a cool way to have some fun in a BMW! Just spray it down with some tan CARC and you will fit right in at the rally.

Russm

Nah bro I checked Google maps its south east. Dry lake is west of where we were.
The weird blemish on the far mountain that I wanted to check out was further away in the sand pits than on the lakebed

Last edited:

TheRecorder

I have been receiving PM's from a few members about the Fall Rally. I wanted a consensus from everyone as far as setting up a date. We usually try to go for mid-October when the weather has cooled down a little. For the people that have not been there trust me you will have a good time and those 3 days will always seem too short. Here are the coordinates https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.1...114573,-117.131767&spn=0.124693,0.260582&z=12 BBQ and convoy are good eating and fun you never know what you might find.
On are way back from last years convoy we hit some tall branch's and wound up with this guy in the back of my truck. He was so happy to be found he was waving at everybody at camp as we drove in like as if he were prom queen in a parade.
Well, It sounds O.K. I sure miss the CDB Days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQeXRtqkgoc .

Last edited:

Artisan

I was just advised that if it is the weekend of the 20th I am supposed to report to a wedding that would be HARD to cancel... Oh man.......... :-(

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, It sounds O.K. I sure miss the CDB Days.
Hey Recorder we could sure use a guy that knows his way around a camera. If you come I'll make sure to have a cold one for ya, heck even a couple.

If you get rain it will be a MUD fest!
If it does rain it dries up pretty quick, although it would be fun to do some muddin.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI I wish could come bring my M818,and Hey Recorder love the convoy video saw the M35A2 vsM35A3 one too hehe.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's too early to say yes but ill keep it in mind!!!!
Looking at your list of trucks you can drive a different one everyday at the Rally and even drive a different one to and from.:razz: Some guys have a lot of nice toys to play with.

True Knight

I have another desert trip about 70 miles east of that location the weekend of the 26th. Won't be able to do both, but maybe I can stop by on the way out there or the way home. (That is if the rally's on the weekend of the 26th of course.)

Russm

Looks like we are set for the weekend of Oct. 18-20. For the people that have not been there before I will be setting up these markers every mile or so if you are coming from Hinkley Rd. I will be headed out from LA around 7pm Thursday if anyone wants to convoy in.
Everyone is welcome to hang out even if you have never been out to an event. Bring your camping supplies, plenty of wood for a campfire and of course plenty to drink of your favorite beverage (you don't want to go thirsty out in the desert). We will be having a convoy through the desert on Saturday which makes for some good picture taking and afterwards we will have a BBQ for everyone that came out.
Can you copy this into your first post so everyone's on the same page

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't hijack this thread, but looks like several people including myself can't make the 19th.

Anyone want to go to the same place on November 9th? Average temps are 65 to 70 degrees daytime, 50 to 55 degrees at night.

If there's enough interest, I'll start a new thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks