• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Spring Rally

Blendmaster2002

Well we had a good time out the pre rally gathering, I did not drive my military truck, instead I drove my Z71 crewcab, the group Lextreme was camping out with wanted to use their spot which is just a little west of the SoCalRally spot on the north side of the road ( I could see our normal camp location) it could even be used as a Rally expansion bay if needed.:cool:
Heres some of the pics my Dad took.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you guy's sweep for land mines, get rid of sharp rocks and anything else that might damage our tires on the way in? I did not see the porta-potties set up in the in any of the pictures....Why?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mobile strip club is set up next to the tan colored rock.

Barneyszoo

Hey all I have a lot of these heavy plastic 5gal jugs, there are great for anything except drinking water. I've used them for wash water, fuel, gas, WMO, I will bring some out to DB if anyone is interested let me know so I can bring enough.

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a spare deuce generator, starter and drivers door shell (green). PM me if you are interested and want me to bring them.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, with a little bit less than 2 weeks to go before the Rally I thought to post up some driving directions for people that have not been there before.
here is the location 35.139213,-117.05533 - Google Maps .
Driving directions (there is another route, but it is longer):
Take the 15 fwy going north or south (depending where you're coming from) to
hwy 58 towards Bakersfield, (or south on 58 if you are coming from the north then left on Hinkley)
turn right on Lenwood
left on Santa Fe rd travel for about 4 miles
right on Hinkley travel about 7 miles you will see BLM sign (see picture) to your right this is where you turn into the diagonal.
Follow the red and white marker poles to the location I'll try to set them every mile or so and double poles will be set where you would turn in.
Hopefully these directions will get you there if not shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number just to make sure nobody get's lost. It would really put a damper on our next rally to come across someone who was wandering the desert aimlessly trying to get to our LZ then became deflated like this character here.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks