• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Annual Texas MV Rally

anjay22

Whats the word this year? Are we still having the rally at the bryan off road park during the american gi event? I have some folks who are interested and I will be there this year with my crazies!

TAMU86

John,

Thanks for the link from the other thread… We were in Plantersville last night with friends for dinner and bon-fire… and heard from several of the event, museum, and reenactments. We are planning to attend and enjoy the weekend.

Look forward to hearing the specifics for the camping, activities, and plan to learn a lot...

anjay22

This is a great event. Its a good time. I promised myself and my family that I will be camping out with the MV'ers this year and be with my living history guys periodically.

Funny Shoes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
currently scheduled off and would like to bring my M109a3. Im hoping I finish my RV conversion before then. march 21st is a good deadline to spur some motivation. hopefully time permits.

nofearnohope

Whats the word this year? Are we still having the rally at the bryan off road park during the american gi event? I have some folks who are interested and I will be there this year with my crazies!
John, yes the camping out with still be at the Off Road Ranch with a convoy to and from the GI open house. Look forward to seeing you and the "crazies" again.

Autocharge

I just won the truck and I’m looking for a mentor and/or Ride along. I know nothing. I learn fast but 10 days to retrieve truck is a steep learning curve.
I have plenty of questions. I could even pick someone up to check out truck one week and maybe even the next week to retrieve the truck.
The truck is in fortworth. I plan on taking 35 upto 82 across to sherman.

Thanks in advance for all help.

anjay22

Do you have the event number and does it run? Remember, you have 10 business days to pick it up and does it need an EUC approval? You have to get that approval first before the 10 days even starts.

Autocharge

Yes I have the event number and yes it runs. No EUC needed.[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
ad: AM General hard-top 6x6 cargo truck, model M925, powered by a Cummins NHC 250 6-cylinder diesel engine and Allison automatic transmission. Includes spare tire, pintle hook, 2 tool boxes, troop seats and 20,000 lb winch on front. Truck runs, no keys, buyer loads.[/FONT]

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the 3rd year in a row I'm going to "try and make it." I can't drive the deuce that far and back in one weekend so I'm shooting for acquiring a 923 before then. IF I get the 923 and IF it checks out within the time frame and IF it looks like the weather will cooperate for that length of drive then I'll likely be there. That's a lot of IFs and ANDs (with the BUTs waiting in the corner) yet I'm hopeful of accomplishing it. I need some kind of fix before the Camp Mabry Muster event in April.

Funny Shoes IF I make it maybe we can convoy together.

nofearnohope

Funny Shoes, there are more than enough slots. Our campsite is over 280 acres. Cost is $10/family per night. Yes, the rally is still the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd. Gates will open at the campsite at 6pm Friday and we have it until 6pm Sunday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks