• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Va Rally at Graves Mountain Aug 29-Sept 1, 2014 (aka, Labor Day Weekend).

rickf

Past experience has taught me that things go better when I don't make plans or put things on the calendar. Having said that, I sure would like to come up and spend another weekend with y'all! We will just wait patiently this time and see what happens. :whistle:
Would like to see you there again so I have someone my age to hang out with.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You hang out with people at the rally? I always thought you were back in your little hidey-hole away from everyone else because you're such a people person. ;)

CGarbee

He hides out by that back gate so that he can tell his boss that he is "security" and that he is checking everyone out... :)
At least, that's what the note I wrote for him last year said...
Anything to help a buddy get out of work... ;)

rickf

May be a little tougher this year. They have transferred me again and this time they are going out of their way to make my job a living ****. They want me to quit but I am going to retire which means I have to stay at least six months for the paperwork to go through. My biggest problem is that I could walk out of there the weekend we are at the rally but they put a clause in our new contract stating you have to be there for the last day to get your paycheck. Which is ironic since I have direct deposit. Since all public employee retirements are the last working day of the month I would not be able to come down. So I am sacrificing another month in **** just to make the rally. That is IF they let me take off.

rickf

Would like to see you there again so I have someone my age to hang out with.
And when did I ever chase you and your cigars away? Believe me, there is no better entertainment in the world than watching you cook breakfast on a defective butane stove. Explains why you have no hair.rofl

CGarbee

RickF, you do know that the rally is September 3-7, 2015...

It looks to me that:
If you retired in August, your last day would be Friday the 28th.
If you retired in September, your last day would be Wednesday the 30th.

Unless you use some different kind of calendar up there in NJ...or I misunderstood what you are posting about the last working day of the month...

rickf

RickF, you do know that the rally is September 3-7, 2015...

It looks to me that:
If you retired in August, your last day would be Friday the 28th.
If you retired in September, your last day would be Wednesday the 30th.

Unless you use some different kind of calendar up there in NJ...or I misunderstood what you are posting about the last working day of the month...
Good point, My math was off anyway since I have to give 6 months for our lovely state to process the paperwork and it is already the end of April we are looking at 11/1. hat is good in a way since it means I will only have 6 months before I can tap social security.

CGarbee

Sadly, I will not be there this year. I think this is the first one I'll miss since Maddawg's first VA rally back in 2008. That was a fun weekend!
We will miss you... It's always fun seeing what you bring and chatting about your most recent projects.
Hopefully, we'll see you in 2016... :)

rickf

I have an appointment with the union people, I may get out sooner than expected. That would be nice.

Chuck ain't old enough to retire! What's he gonna do, move to the hills and produce shine? Heyyyyyyyyyy, Chuck, we gotta' talk.:twisted:

Last edited:

olbucksnort

I guess Ya'll goin' a pass me by again like I'm a NASCAR Rookie
Last year I thought it was some angry Soccer Moms w/ Utility Trailers looking
for a Yard Sale.
Give a Shout or a "Haaller!" if a Convoy's going to link up.
I'll keep my ears on Ch. 14 & 19 for any "East Coast Convoy"
going N-95 to Aberdeen.

rickf

Sorry Pete, Scrounger was at our site as I was breaking down and he said he would help me out , he had to drag his stuff out for someone else also. It is a nightmare maneuvering that beast around in there with people and carts and junk so I took the easiest route.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks