• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Va Rally at Graves Mountain Aug 29-Sept 1, 2014 (aka, Labor Day Weekend).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was looking for civi dodge paint, but I see that part of the stayed hid.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crud, That didn't work out...........Go to Ferro's Navy M37 build thread to see the big pictures. I will post more later.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, the 814 is way too big for the trails at Graves Mtn. Plus I had the wife, 4 dogs, and it was tight inside my extended cab chevy, much less the 814. And I am too cheap for her to drive the Honda, and I drive the 814 up there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, if you're willing to pay the fuel bill for driving the 814 up there and back, I'm sure John would consider it. It's about 530 miles each way, times 5 MPG just so you can start on the math offline. You might also have to furnish one of those Red Dot A/C units for the cab - I understand the heat index was 107 at one point along the journey.

JSF01

Here are some of the pictures I took. I was having a bit of fun playing around with the different filters my camera after I discovered my camera had that feature.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here are some of the pictures I took. I was having a bit of fun playing around with the different filters my camera after I discovered my camera had that feature.
Wanna' come to Ga. next month and shoot the Ga. Rally? Your pics look great.

CGarbee

Thanks to everyone that came to the gathering this year. Chuck (BMan) is still updating his spreadsheets, but he did tell me that I had 70 folks registered this year, and a handful that did not register that attended (most noteably, the folks who had supper with us at the Lodge on Thursday who came down on Friday for a trailride and a halftrack ride...).

One thing that I was really impressed with was the number of folks who had the whole familly attend, wives, girlfriends, kids, dogs...everyone... It has been a goal of mine from the beginning that this be an event where you can bring the familly so that they can see and participate in our collective hobby.

I also need to thank a bunch of folks on here and over at Rockridge Offroad (the civilian Jeepers) for all the hard work that was done before and during the event to ensure that it was a successful weekend. The list is long, and you all know who you are... :)

It was great seeing everyone, both those who have been before and those attending for the first time.

We'll do it again next year on the same weekend...

Last edited:

CJ9/Granny

Just out of curiosity, how was the weather over the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun). The forecast of heat, humidity and rain was my main reason for skipping this year. Saturday evening made me glad I did skip as I came down with some sort of a stomach bug which would have definitely put a damper on a camping trip. Glad y'all had a good time... maybe we will show up at Denton in the Spring. Oh yeah, don't anyone try telling me it was cool & sunny... my mama raised ugly kids, not dumb ones. :-D

rickf

Just out of curiosity, how was the weather over the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun). The forecast of heat, humidity and rain was my main reason for skipping this year. Saturday evening made me glad I did skip as I came down with some sort of a stomach bug which would have definitely put a damper on a camping trip. Glad y'all had a good time... maybe we will show up at Denton in the Spring. Oh yeah, don't anyone try telling me it was cool & sunny... my mama raised ugly kids, not dumb ones. :-D
It was HOT and humid but no rain. My wife had the bug but came anyway. Probably not a good idea since she was sick till Monday but she made the bet of it. I miss watching you set up camp. You are so organized I am just amazed at how fast it goes together. I even had my Jeep CJ this year although it did not make any of the pictures but the dinner group shot at the far right.

CJ9/Granny

Appreciate the reply Rick. I sure remember the heat and humidity from the last trip I made up there. Sorry to hear your other half wasn't feeling well. I appreciate the compliments on the camping, but I have got soft & lazy in that department too. The pic tells the story. :grin:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks