• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 April 17-19th Denton NC Buy/Sell/Trade thread

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, I edited the thread title to include the dates.

ranger.41

Yes Will I am interested. I just don't want any rust in the glass channel.
I missed some on one of my windshields and it came back and broke the glass
in one corner. Thank you Will!

cjcottrill

Thanks MDSA, those are not the type I'm looking for. I've never been to the Denton show, mapquest says it is about 6 hours from me. I'm thinking about making the trek this year. It is a little easier for me to make more shows now that I am retired.

Anybody have interest in WMO? I have prob 40 or so gallons I can bring on a pallet. Would have to be hand unloaded I guess...
I have a 24v fuel transfer pump that would make quick work of transferring it. Not going to run waste fuel through MY pump, but I just so happen to have a 2nd that I want to sell :)

The hoses were as much as the pump though, $300 for the pump (brand new) and $300 for the hoses (I had them made and would just get another set made for mine). It is 25gpm, I used mine to pump about 250 gallons of diesel, it worked like a champ.

michigandon

I've got a pneumatic barrel pump with filter housing on hand. It's set up with hoses and vavles for transferring WVO and/or WMO. I no longer have a use for it since I no longer own a multifuel.

I paid $275 for just the pump itself from Northern Tool. $200 firm for the whole shebang. I'll bring it down IF I get a serious commitment beforehand.

wilfreeman

WTB: Tan vinyl deuce cover and bows. Also may be interested in the same for an m105a2

Edit: Don't need the trailer stuff anymore - already acquired.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

Looking for a few basic parts to improve the quality of my 1952 M38. I understand and know a lot of this is available commercially, just seeing if anyone has spares they want to get rid of.

Open/interested in various M38 'finishing' parts, mainly
HIGH Priority
Front Lifting Shackle Bracket
Front Lifting Shackle Lifting Pin, and Lifting (pin) clip. (will trade existing modern lifting pin if wanted).
wiper parts, (I have the 'motors, need the rest)
vacuum line parts,

Low Priority
correct bolts (specifically for the Axe storage brackets),
Correct Shovel,
correct front blackout markers.
M38 wiring harness (complete, reliable, etc...)
M38 Slave Cable wiring setup... need heavy gage wire and the connection, I have the bracket it would fit into on the fender.
M38 Windshield frame (glass not required) in better condition than mine is... mine has a bunch of extra holes and the winter top brackets are rusted partially/peeled away from the frame.

Correct M38 Horn switch (do not need the black button).

Looking for items to be shipped/delivered to Fayetteville, NC. However, I run into VA vicinity Quantico occasionally, for some pickup if that's there.

I will be at the Denton, NC Military Vehicle Show. Cash on hand.

(updated 5 APR 15)

Last edited:

oldgoatfarmer1361

Anyone bringing a tranny for M923A2? I need one and I have a friend who is coming to Denton. Any offers I do not want to pull and rebuild. Thanks If you can PM would be great. Thanks James

Blueduce

MDSA,

In desperate need of a front bumper for my M43. WO/W solid bumper. Have mounting hardware and gussets. Just need bumper. also need a rim for spare tire and spare tire mount 3 prong spinner. Also let me know if you have a good (tested) radiator. Buddy of mine has an M56 contact truck in need of one.

MDSA

Blueduce,

Sorry, but I don't have any of the parts you need, except an untested radiator. I'll look into what it costs to get it tested.

Blueduce

Brian,

Thanks for the help. Usually a radiator shop will pressure test for free or a nominal fee. Not a 911 so when you get the chance give me a shout. Also found out my buddy needs a passengers seat (back frame only)

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have several items for sale that I bought as spare parts for the 923 with the NHC 250 motor. All parts, except the oil filter adapter, are used off of a running motor so I was told. I plan on listing them in the classifieds as well.
20150406_184400.jpg 20150406_185454.jpg
Radiator hoses $20 Matched belts $20
20150406_184607.jpg 20150406_190126.jpg
Air Compressor $100 Spin on oil filter adapter $90
20150406_184800.jpg 20150403_124457.jpg 20150403_124505.jpg
Starter $100 Injection Pump with a broke ear. This piece can easily be swapped
out with the one on a bad pump. Has good solenoid too. $75

I will also have some of the screw-together generator grounding rods, plenty of the Bii air hoses, a big toolbox (would mount on side of truck), a brand new in box tan deuce cargo cover. A NIB deuce cargo cover kit, and plenty of various Bii stuff. I will have a M105 trailer FULL of stuff, as well as a M1101 trailer with a bunch in it as well, please come by and see me and take some stuff home!

wb1895

Hey Rich,
I think I am going to plan on leaving home early Friday morning so I can get to the show early to unhook the trailer and take the tires to his house. He is only about ~18 miles away, so it's not that big of a deal. I appreciate the offer though. That is UNLESS Walter doesn't want them sitting around in the yard 'till he gets back. That would be his call though.

Matt,

I sent you a PM and dint hear back. I just wanted to touch base with you and make sure everything is still a go with the tires/ wheels. Thanks again!!

Walter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks