• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 LA steel soldiers rally

frodobaggins

I shipped down PB a trailer of cardboard boxes that snakes just love - if any of the CAMO group needs living quarter for - excuse the problem if someone off Atlanta streets were already living in them - we need them outta here.
Someone say cardboard ? :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I won't making it this year . Had an accidental pistol discharge this morning and shot myself in the arm. Shattered my elbow. Hope they can save it. I'm in the trauma center now.
Doesn't sound like a joke. Are you serious?

That's awful. Hope that turns out OK.
Unfortunately it is completely true.
Oh, man, I am very sorry. Modern medicine works miracles, I'm sure they will fix you up. D****, I'm sorry.
Our prayers are with you Jeepsinker. Hope you are back at 100% as soon as possible.
Holy cow. Hope you heal fast and completely.
that is some bad news to hear. i do hope it heals up fast for you and that your not down for very long. you are in our prayers till its all healed
Oh Man, That's Terrible!! Glad it was not COM. Hard to drive a Deuce with only one arm.

Anything I can do to help out with your Ft Polk recovery commitments or anything else I can help with, let me know.
WOW didn't expect to hear that! I hope they can save it. Prayers your way for quick recovery.
OMG! Can I help at all?!!?
my prayers to you and your family for a speedy recovery!
Spring squirrel season doesn't start until may. Bring a pellet gun and we won't tell.
or just use a polaris and run them down while shooting a long barrel .357 like portrayed on ax men by our resident swamp logger............

We all do it that way, right? :)

JEEPSINKER:
You can tell your loved by the fact that the natives are already bringing humor into your hospital room and planning to roast your butt if you lay still too long.

On a more serious note....

We are indeed praying for your quick and perfect recovery and healing. God sometimes works his miracles through modern medicine, sometimes He just uses the Do-It-Himself method and surprises everyone that suddenly you're healed. Either way, we covet your restoration.

PLEASE send PM if there is anything... ANYTHING that we can pull together and help you with.

Heavenly Father,
We seek Your miraculous healing for our wounded brother. Ease his pain and restore his injury to the perfection of Your original design for his body. Focus the learned minds and guide the skilled hands of his doctors and caregivers. Have all who come to his aid give him their very best of attention and treatment. Give him peace as he recuperates and let the burdens of this world be patient as you bring him back to full function.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN.

Woodsplinter

Jeepsinker- sorry to hear about your accident. I hope all goes well and you recover quickly.
I witnessed 2 accidental discharges (at the police academy during advanced officer training no less) and I know getting shot is no laughing matter.

Stay safe my friend.
Mark

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Better a gun shot than a "money shot" I guess.

Hope you heal up quick! Don't make the mistake I made, if they give you antibiotics, don't drink alcohol while taking them. It washes them right out of your system.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I won't making it this year . Had an accidental pistol discharge this morning and shot myself in the arm. Shattered my elbow. Hope they can save it. I'm in the trauma center now.
I hope other members can learn from your experience.

Notice he still used proper grammar and punctuation, using his phone, one handed with a gunshot wound!

Take care and I hope the best for you.

Thank God it was not worse.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope other members can learn from your experience.

Notice he still used proper grammar and punctuation, using his phone, one handed with a gunshot wound!

Take care and I hope the best for you.

Thank God it was not worse.
This sounds like DH is submitting Jeepsinker for the SS Medal of Honor, or at least trying to get him one of them Hearts of the Purple Variety. WAIT.... I thought those were only for "in action" wounds and casualties.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I hate hearing about this type of misfortune. Unfortunately these types of things are rarely "accidental". They're usually negligent, or at the very least, just unintentional. JS, we look forward to your AAR. Perhaps we can all learn something from your mistake. Until then I wish you a speedy and full recovery. If you need anything at all, just give a shout.

...just saw the other thread.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?138289-jeepsinker

Last edited:

goldneagle

If anyone is coming from Ft. Polk area to the rally can you bring down 2 pallets of 120MM ammo cans with you? Garret was supposed to bring them with him to the rally.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Jeepsinker

Wow, I hate hearing about this type of misfortune. Unfortunately these types of things are rarely "accidental". They're usually negligent, or at the very least, just unintentional. JS, we look forward to your AAR. Perhaps we can all learn something from your mistake. Until then I wish you a speedy and full recovery. If you need anything at all, just give a shout.

...just saw the other thread.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?138289-jeepsinker
All I can say is never trust a semi auto open bolt handgun with issues.

ke5eua

All I can say is never trust a semi auto open bolt handgun with issues.
All I could think of was you set your pistol down while climing on a truck and the goat came over and let you know how it really feels. Can't trust them goats you know.

Do get better though. I left the foot and pins with zev, and ended up finding another foot pin when going through stuff in my shed. I'll get it in the mail to you though.

Last edited:

goldneagle

I may still be able to make the rally. I'm sure I can still drive the deuce, but I need my left hand working enough to set the park brake.
You shut it off and put it in gear. Jump out on the step and use your other hand to set the parking brake. Or you can just take one of the 5 tons and drive it. Parking brake is on the right. plus easier steering.