• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 SoCal Spring Rally

True Knight

Great Leo!

Well we have only been able to find one go kart so far. Doubt we'll find another one before the trip. So we'll all have to take turns in the one.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did all my grocery shopping, Brutus is all fueled up. Just got to do some small stuff in the morning and we'll be on the road for some good times.

JDToumanian

In less than 24hrs we'll be having :beer: and a big fire :burn:
So you guys are going out there Thursday? I'm planning to stop by, I haven't decided whether it will be overnight Friday to Saturday or just for the day on Saturday... I'm not much of a camper anymore, especially if the weather is warm (I'm not a fan of warm weather and I'm intolerant of heat), but we'll see.

As for firewood, I have several large telephone poles that I need to get rid of (left on my property by the previous owner for some bizarre reason). Do you guys think this would be okay to burn if I saw them up into 4' - 6' pieces? They're old so there's not much creosote on them anymore but I don't know if they'll stink, I've never burned something like that before. Also, what about fireworks?

Jon

Prospector GM

So you guys are going out there Thursday? I'm planning to stop by, I haven't decided whether it will be overnight Friday to Saturday or just for the day on Saturday... I'm not much of a camper anymore, especially if the weather is warm (I'm not a fan of warm weather and I'm intolerant of heat), but we'll see.

As for firewood, I have several large telephone poles that I need to get rid of (left on my property by the previous owner for some bizarre reason). Do you guys think this would be okay to burn if I saw them up into 4' - 6' pieces? They're old so there's not much creosote on them anymore but I don't know if they'll stink, I've never burned something like that before. Also, what about fireworks?

Jon
Hey come on out you will meet some good people and have some fun. Not sure about the telephone poles, don't want no stinky fire to breathe. Fireworks, bring them if you want. I am leaving out Thursday ,today after work. :jumpin::driver::driver:

offroadrunner

...Jon
Don't think you'll have to worry about heat - weather reports I'm seeing (for Barstow) say temps of 70/40 for Sat and Sun with 25-35mph winds all weekend. If they still say there's going to be that much wind by the time I plan to leave (before sunrise Saturday), I will probably wimp out (I HATE sleeping in the truck when it's windy!). Hope you guys have fun anyway.
Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Don't think you'll have to worry about heat - weather reports I'm seeing (for Barstow) say temps of 70/40 for Sat and Sun with 25-35mph winds all weekend. If they still say there's going to be that much wind by the time I plan to leave (before sunrise Saturday), I will probably wimp out (I HATE sleeping in the truck when it's windy!). Hope you guys have fun anyway.
Cheers,
Bob
IS there a story behind that?!

https://youtu.be/IFj6iUdqTDQ

offroadrunner

That's funny (I notice she held on to her electronic device though). Fortunately that hasn't happened to me (yet) - so nah, just experience... I can't sleep worth a **** when the cargo-cover is flapping around in the wind all night (whether produced by nature, or my consumption of beans) - so I just try to avoid both whenever possible - as lack of sleep makes me crankier than usual, and the drive home more challenging. Plus - I have a difficult enough time holding a good sight picture for target-shooting the 200-yard gong these days WITHOUT being buffeted by the wind too!

We are all loaded up and read to take off after work Friday. I saw a Amber alert sign that said they are postponing the drain construction on the I 15. I haven't looked into it yet. Ya'll have safe travels.

offroadrunner

So? How was it - was it as windy as the weather reports said (30+mph)? Did you have a good time anyway? Sorry I missed you guys, but apparently I am only a fair-weather friend.
Cheers,
Bob

Gripy

Saturday evening the wind was bad, but by midnight or so it calmed down. It also rained late friday night. But there was a dinosaur!
The weather did not dampen the mood at all!
Great EVENT FASTNOVA!!! I can't wait until the next one!

20170407_012049.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks