• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V Digital Pyrometer

ranchand

I just installed the auber and it works flawlessly. I had to make a bracket as I wasn't aware of one to be purchased. Install was a snap although I drilled my manifold to big so I had to use a 1/4 to1/8 reducer:sad:

Attachments

Last edited:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These all seem to be digital, which is hard to see in the desert sun, who has a good "old school" gauge?

ranchand

I must say these leds are very easy to see and the dummy light is very noticable even down where I mounted it. It is by far the easiest gauge to read in my deuce!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These all seem to be digital, which is hard to see in the desert sun, who has a good "old school" gauge?
I put a Autometer gauge in my truck. I think it was around $120 for the gauge and probe . Just about every major gauge manufacturer makes a needle type gauge.

Akicita

I have an analog dual pyro in my bus but none in the Deuce.
Readings will differ depending on exactly where you install the probe, and how well the wires transmit. When you compare readings, you need to also compare the position of the probes. Without that, the temparature readings don't tell you if you're OK, or running too hot.

Billy Bobbed

The new one I bought has a prob that you can adjust the depth,which were you set it changes the reading.I think it said about a 1/2" in.I think the highes reading I have got so far is 1005 wide open.:beer:

fireman9

The new one I bought has a prob that you can adjust the depth,which were you set it changes the reading.I think it said about a 1/2" in.I think the highes reading I have got so far is 1005 wide open.:beer:
45 MPH wide open with about 3 ton in the back pulling a hill I can easily hit 1250, but I have turned up the fuel about 4 "flats" .... Empty I have a hard time hitting 1200 degrees. Cruising on flat ground 40 to 50 mph it runs about 700 to 800 degrees.
I've got the thermocouple in the rear section of the manifold just above the turbo.

Last edited:

1978davidw

how many people run this digital guage on their truck and has anyone had one for a long time. im thinking aqbout buying one but wanted to get some feedback on how durable these guages are.

asgtoolman

auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

Auber Instruments... they work great and shipping was fast when I ordered mine.
Look at their web site, they do offer the gauge in 24volt red led display or green and blue display as well.

24 volt unit red $48.50

Automobile Multimeter for EGT, Boost, 24VDC [SYL-1813-24] - $48.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

As far as mounting look at item number Model: B1085B $15.50

Box for 1512,and 1812, and 1813. Black color [B1085B] - $15.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

And for those who want to add a warning buzzer it will run a relay that you could wire into the low air buzzer or just buy a 24 volt warning beeper like I did. It's plenty loud and can be easily heard over the road noise and can run directly off the unit because of the low current draw.

Item number 56965T14 $9.61
from McMacter-Carr
McMaster-Carr

The unit I ordered had the temp warning set for 900 degrees, I changed it to 1200 degrees and installed the thermocouple before the turbo and it works wonderful.
I assume that you would still need a TC-KEGT-NPT probe to go with this unit; am I correct?

ranchand

Mines still working great. No complaints here. Just make sure when you drill for tap you grab a 21/64 instead of the 27/64 bit like my dumbass did:cookoo:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I bought my boost gauge and pyrometer from Hewitt Industries. The pyro does not require any power connections, which is just one less thing to hassel with when installing. It works great, and by not needing any power, it works all the time. I am very happy with both instruments.
the pyro looks to be 2" face dia., is it, how much for it and maybe a link to it please, with it not needing power that would mean it is straight mechanical, how long is the probe lead, I am looking for one for the 819 and need the lead to reach the center of the motor on the right side