• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V Digital Pyrometer

steelandcanvas

Here's what I have:

http://www.hewittindustries.com/Pyrometer%20Gauges/pyrometers_2_inches/010-213-XX-X%20C%20Pyrometer%200-1600F%20REV%20C.pdf

I drilled and tapped a hole in the manifold right above the turbo. They have different lengths of sensor wires. Hope this helps you Ron.

The Hewitt site is under revision so the Boost Gauge descriptions were not available. It is a 2" face, black background, 0-15 PSI boost, w/red led lighting (24V). The 0-15 PSI gauge has the greatest needle swing for better accuracy. It comes close to resembling the stock Deuce gauges. If you order from Hewitt, call them as they were very helpful with my purchase.

Last edited:

dikwks

Thanks for this thread, guys. I just bought the Auber pyro in preparation for turning up my pump. Looking for a good spot to install it. Still searching,but a little guidance would be great. I know about installing in the rear half of the manifold, but was wondering if you had a particular spot and why you chose it. Does any body have an approximate thickness of the wall?

Dick

steelandcanvas

the pyro looks to be 2" face dia., is it, how much for it and maybe a link to it please, with it not needing power that would mean it is straight mechanical, how long is the probe lead, I am looking for one for the 819 and need the lead to reach the center of the motor on the right side
What did you end up going with Ron?

Ford Mechanic

Thanks for this thread, guys. I just bought the Auber pyro in preparation for turning up my pump. Looking for a good spot to install it. Still searching,but a little guidance would be great. I know about installing in the rear half of the manifold, but was wondering if you had a particular spot and why you chose it. Does any body have an approximate thickness of the wall?

Dick
Installed mine right above the turbo manifold, the rear port. Probably about 1 in or so above the top side of the flange. As far as wall thickness, It was close to 1/4in I believe. I just used the 1/8th NPT fitting for mine. Drilled and tapped the hole.

Hey your not far from me! What part of Suffolk are you in? I'm about 1 hr or so from you!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What did you end up going with Ron?
Still looking, found one that is mechanical but needs 12v for the leds (not a big deal, can pull off one battery), I am looking for the OLD still (some of you guys are old enough to remember) mechanical pointer with a simple bulb for illumination that can be changed for what ever voltage needed

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Still looking, found one that is mechanical but needs 12v for the leds (not a big deal, can pull off one battery), I am looking for the OLD still (some of you guys are old enough to remember) mechanical pointer with a simple bulb for illumination that can be changed for what ever voltage needed
Curious about the need for different voltages, do you plan on moving it to various vehicles?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Curious about the need for different voltages, do you plan on moving it to various vehicles?
No, once installed on the m819 stays on the m819, waiting to talk to Hewitt, what did your 010-213-xx-x, cost, this looks like what I am looking for.

I was referring to it did not matter what volt the bulb in the cauge came with, it could be changed to what volt was needed.

Last edited:

dikwks

"Hey your not far from me! What part of Suffolk are you in? I'm about 1 hr or so from you!"

I'm in the western part near where 460 goes into Isle of Wight county. Glad to know we're neighbors.

steelandcanvas

No, once installed on the m819 stays on the m819, waiting to talk to Hewitt, what did your 010-213-xx-x, cost, this looks like what I am looking for.

I was referring to it did not matter what volt the bulb in the cauge came with, it could be changed to what volt was needed.
I know it has been a few months since we were active in this thread, here is the response to your question: My EGT and Boost gauges ran just under $200. The package contained everything for a complete installation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks