• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v LED headlights

randini

Those NAPA headlights have the standard 3blade connectors. How would one hook them up?
1. Cut truck wiring and splice in a 3 blade connector?
OR
2. Fab a "truck to 3blade" adapter?

Has anyone done this yet? The LED Headlights are military take offs, and have standard connectors.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those NAPA headlights have the standard 3blade connectors. How would one hook them up?
1. Cut truck wiring and splice in a 3 blade connector?
OR
2. Fab a "truck to 3blade" adapter?

Has anyone done this yet? The LED Headlights are military take offs, and have standard connectors.
The picture on the flyer shows wiring coming out of an epoxy potted connection. If that is how the light is really setup then all one needs to do is to crimp on the military style connectors. If not, then an adapter could be fabricated. I wouldn't change the truck wiring myself. I like it the way it is.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
kerrrr - ching... clunk.. DAZZLE!

NAPA has 12-24v LED headlights on sale through the end of June 2012..........sale price is $214.99.

You forgot to tell us all that that is EACH! :-o

..........but I ordered them anyway!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would LOVE to see the light and pattern compared to the milspec LEDs. I think those NAPA ones look better.

YOUNG GUN

I just picked up a set of the NAPA Led lights and will be installing them tonight.
Thanks for the posting, and I'll post some feedback after completion.

Cucvnut

Ill have pics of the lights on my M1008 hopefully tomorrow! i am going to run them as off road lights in the grill. ill run them off the 24v bus in the front!

YOUNG GUN

I got them installed last night, and let me tell you they are ridiculously bright !!!
Easy installation as well, I added the military rubber connectors to the new LED lights and plugged them in, done.
I need to adjust the direction of the beam today, cause now that I can actually see my headlights they are a bit too high per the TM.

Here's some pictures of them; Low Beam = only top half illuminated, High Beam = top and bottom illuminated.

Thanks again for the posting!

Attachments

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went over and inspected the LED lights on his A3 ^^ last light. They are Very Bright. Ordered a set for my m923 this morning!

YOUNG GUN

Only 2 from what I can tell, one on the bottom and one on top.
These are the flat diodes (no "bulb"), looks similar to whats in my surefire digital LED flashlight.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, but it's really bright. For only $214.99 you can find out for yourself! You are not likely to be dissapointed.

I posted all the gory specification details in post 145 above. That's all they are offering in the way of details.

rolling18

dot legal? since when do we care about that? your duece isint current dot legal in any way. but it is dot legal for when it was mfg. if all someone wants to worry about is being pulled over in a duece and ticketed for having led tail lights,,,,well......

anyhow,,they are cool, got a pair of them for my ferret so i can see at night. honestly,,,not worth the money at all.
:ditto: better than stock BUT not as good as upgraded Halogen H4' or HID swaps for the $$$ (just aim the low beams extra low cause the lights are soo high up.

I keep mine cause they just look cool i think.;)

Steve1031

I, too, just bought the NAPA Trucklite LED's. They are much better than the military version that I had in there before. The beam has a sharp cut off at the top ( like european lights) so you dont blind other drivers and no light is wasted in the trees. The horizontal spread is twice that of the military style lights. On high beam they light up the night like nothing I have seen before! I am going to get a set for the lilttle woman's truck now!

jesusgatos

Picked up a pair of these a while ago and am finally getting around to installing them. But the mounting pattern looks a lot different, compared to the stock headlights. Can anyone show/tell me how these things are supposed to be installed? Thanks.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I bough fit exactly in place of the incandescently without modification. Wiring connectors were the same also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks