• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

303M HydraMatic rebuild

rustystud

035.JPG Using the special clamp tool again I compress the seal rings and install the rear drum assembly.
037.JPG038.JPG039.JPG

Now after installing the front and rear bands the drum assemblies are ready to go into the case. You need to "stab" the front shaft first angling the assembly into the case. The TM shows this. I don't have a helper to take pictures so I cannot show you how I do this .
041.JPG042.JPG
Once the assembly is in place and the main support is bolted down, you can pressure test the whole assembly.
043.JPG This hole applies the front clutch.
044.JPG This hole applies the rear clutch.

After tearing down everything due to the high leakage, I checked the iron seals for clearance. Since I only have four seal rings at this time, I never checked this as it is a moot point. You need a .002" and .007" feeler gauge to check this gap. The gap must be over .002" and under .007" .
Everything checked out as I figured it would. Since most likely the military rebuilt it last.
046.JPG051.JPG

Now everything is almost back to where I started this morning !
052.JPG053.JPG

rustystud

This Monday I'll be taking all the pistons I have down to the machine shop to be modified to except rubber seals. Hopefully this will not take too long.
In the meantime I have seven HydraMatics to tear down. Lets see what parts I can salvage from them.