• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 with turbo build in progress

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
b_g_y,

I would LOVE to find a 6.5 in a yard. Trouble is around here in Denver, those things get snapped up fairly quickly.

And I LOVE the girdle you made. It should strengthen the bottom end a ton...

Still watching. Sorry for the temp hijack. I will stop doing that. MY APOLOGIES.

bubba_got_you

b_g_y,

I would LOVE to find a 6.5 in a yard. Trouble is around here in Denver, those things get snapped up fairly quickly.

And I LOVE the girdle you made. It should strengthen the bottom end a ton...

Still watching. Sorry for the temp hijack. I will stop doing that. MY APOLOGIES.
No worries it is all good info and I welcome info.
[FONT=&quot]I was only worried about discussion becoming possibly more than discussion if you know what I mean.
now off to the parts store to get my seals/ gaskets[/FONT]

Last edited:

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]Finished installing the girdle and rear main seal, and replaced the oil pan and valve cover gaskets. And got the injector lines reinstalled. So all in all I got a lot done today though it doesn’t look like it and it may not be what you people are watching this build for but it is important to have a nice tight motor. In the next week or 2 I will be getting a new starter, harmonic balancer and making an alternator mount. Then I will be getting to work on the turbo components. In-between all the work on the motor I have been working on tube steps for the side of my truck witch I will post pix of when I get them finished. Here are some pix of what I did today. [/FONT]

Attachments

jamesfrom180

No idea on the rubber. Engine is looking good though. Black and OD would have been my choice. Looking at the girdles I was wondering if they effect any windage and oil flow. I am guessing they are down in the oil hanging off the block like they are? Its the little things like replacing seals that will make this a great engine.

Varyag

When you first said you were putting this in your GMC I was thinking m211. Just a little disappointing.

It is good seeing this apart. A buddy of mine might be pulling his 6.2 out of his suburban soon for a crank and it is good to see it apart.

I love the red valve covers.