• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

73 mph M1008

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddamsnightmare

December 23rd, 2014.

Before the thread gets locked out, gents, do you figure that the man hauled an M1101 trailer behind it at 85? That should just about catch all the empty beer cans and hotdog wrappers, plus I am pretty certain he must have had "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" playing on the radio meanwhile...Oh, wait, its stock, so no radio.

Knowing how poorly GM engineered the 350 engine, I am not sure I would have attempted 85 dropping it off a cliff. I used to work in GM parts, and my 1976 GM 350 was a parts maven as it was always breaking down. I had better luck with a '51 Ford 239 V-8, but it couldn't do 50 in the F6 dump truck it was in.....

However, if he is getting 85,then he could run it in the Cannonball Coast to Coast Run, maybe Dr. Van Helsing and Captain Chaos are still looking for a ride? Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. are out of the race, along with "Jimmy the Greek" Snyder, but there are a few others left from the movie you could run it against!:tigger: Lets hope he doesn't blow the engine in a Federally or state protected area, as the EPA fines for lubricant spillage can be considerable.

If it has a mechanical speedometer, there is probably a built in error or lack of calibration in it. The electric ones make errors too, as I have seen the wife's Jeep Wrangler consistently read 3 miles over actual, and no way to correct it until it gets to 5 over.....

I do have a Unimog that did 90 all day long, but that was in KPH! And it really does not like going faster then 60 or 70 KPH.

Well, it's getting near Christmas, and I am sure we all have enjoyed the Christmas Story on here, so let's hope Santa brings him a much nicer, faster GM diesel for his truck. The world won't come to an end if he says he did 85 in the M series PU. But the M series Blazer may have had a small chance of doing it, but they weren't too overbuilt either.

In any case, I figure that this thread has gone on quite enough, but there has been some useful speed/rpm conversion tables on here up above.

Merry Christmas!rofl

Last edited:

cucvrus

HA HA that was a real knee slapper. WOW 9 pages over something that matters so little. Who is helping who here? A few people don't believe another person. What does it matter? It seems like high school stuff. While I am not saying it is the thing to do to the M1028/M1008. I done it. I never knew any of the mind boggling statistics and never even cared to know them. Why would I? I done it so many times that I never even thought twice about it. So may the Holiday spirit warm your hearts and just move on. Enjoy your friends and family and have peace during this Christmas season. You guys get so offensive and pointed about things. Does it really matter that much? 9 pages. Spend that much time and energy helping out the other members in stead of belittling a member that done nothing to hurt you and only shared his experience with you. Merry Christmas.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HA HA that was a real knee slapper. WOW 9 pages over something that matters so little. Who is helping who here? A few people don't believe another person. What does it matter? It seems like high school stuff. While I am not saying it is the thing to do to the M1028/M1008. I done it. I never knew any of the mind boggling statistics and never even cared to know them. Why would I? I done it so many times that I never even thought twice about it. So may the Holiday spirit warm your hearts and just move on. Enjoy your friends and family and have peace during this Christmas season. You guys get so offensive and pointed about things. Does it really matter that much? 9 pages. Spend that much time and energy helping out the other members in stead of belittling a member that done nothing to hurt you and only shared his experience with you. Merry Christmas.
Mind helping out with some of the unanswered questions that have been asked from you in post number 41 and 67 of this thread?

The speedo you posted certainly could happen from a 1009 according to the math.

cucvrus

No I am done with this. Lead by example Mr Mafia and let it rest. Why do you want to carry this on further? I will get banned soon for such a little thing. I saw no questions that I did not already answer.
Question: do you figure that the man hauled an M1006 trailer behind it at 85? Answer: I don't even know what that is. But it is probably a trailer for a 274 mm German railroad gun.
A stock in good condition GM balancer is probably better than a chinese Dorman. I never changed a balancer so the GM ones must be pretty good in my opinion.
I don't see any other questions. A lot of harassing statements from you leaders. That is not how I learn or teach things to others. Ok? I am good with you few not believing me. Merry Christmas to all.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Questions in posts 41 and 67 were directly posed to you. They were:

swbradley1 said:
How about putting the GPS next to the speedo of the M1028 while you are attempting to blast past 55?
Which you "thanked" him for. Not really a question, but more of a request I suppose.

Then my post in #67
patracy said:
You have a built 6.2 in your CUCV? I thought it was stock?
That was a secondary question after you stated "I rest my case" when you compared your truck to a heavily modified engine. That's why I asked that of you?

saddamsnightmare

December 23rd, 2014.

Moderators and All:

This has been an interesting thread, but perhaps 87 posts have said it all. Like on Star Trek "The Menagerie" in the scene at the end when the Talosians refer to Captain Pike:"He has his illusions, and you have yours". I do not urge locking out, but perhaps silence will be golden in this case. Mark Twain has some interesting commentary on arguments, and perhaps we should take them to heart.

Merry Christmas!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You're right. I'm just going to leave it be. It appears that cucvsrus also is done with the discussion as well.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone care if I close this now?

OK, great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks