• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7th times the charm?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are beautiful welds. [thumbzup]

I'm not thinking that's "beginner's luck".

Uhm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A.Ahab??? I think that might be the best "over statement" in quite some time! You, Sir, are more than likely, absolutely correct in your assumption. LMBO!

Ya just have a way with words and grammar that bring a smile to my face. THANK YOU!

Another Ahab

I mean look at those welds, perfect ripples, width, and penetration; no gaps, no pits.

grendel: you da man!

It doesn't get better; that's plain beautiful!!

Last edited:

Csm Davis

One thing I've been pondering: Why folks are going through all the effort to cut down their cooling capability and install an MRAP radiator via the body lift method... Originally, I was going with the bus charge air cooler I posted earlier, but didn't feel like moving around the radiator. So I went back to my roots. This is a 4" thick air to air charge air cooler that supports 800hp at far more air flow (CFM) than our motor could ever produce. It will bolt onto the radiator via the 3 mounts on the top and bottom and plumb via 3" piping to the turbo and intake we installed. It also leaves me room for the MTVR condenser I bought. It should clear the hood in it's stock location by an inch.

View attachment 656472
Since I think that this is aimed at me and AORP I will try and answer, one we got them cheap, and it should be more than enough cooling capacity and packaging is nice so I can run my stock 939 condenser. Now I haven't mounted mine yet but it is the closest thing to the prototype on the M936A3 that we have down here. So I think that is what I am going to use. I also like that the heat from the turbo isn't dumping back into the radiator, yes I know that is the way it has been done for a long time but I think it is better for both to have their own air flow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

It's not really aimed at anyone. Just seems like a a lot of work. This charge air cooler is 259.00. So, it's very cheap. I like not having to change out the radiator. At 135 degrees IAT, there's no heat to dump back into the radiator. :)

I think I can also fit the AC condenser easily. I also want to drop the height of the truck, not raise it.
What's 135 degrees IAT?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk