• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7th times the charm?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are beautiful welds. [thumbzup]

I'm not thinking that's "beginner's luck".

Uhm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A.Ahab??? I think that might be the best "over statement" in quite some time! You, Sir, are more than likely, absolutely correct in your assumption. LMBO!

Ya just have a way with words and grammar that bring a smile to my face. THANK YOU!

Another Ahab

I mean look at those welds, perfect ripples, width, and penetration; no gaps, no pits.

grendel: you da man!

It doesn't get better; that's plain beautiful!!

Last edited:

Csm Davis

One thing I've been pondering: Why folks are going through all the effort to cut down their cooling capability and install an MRAP radiator via the body lift method... Originally, I was going with the bus charge air cooler I posted earlier, but didn't feel like moving around the radiator. So I went back to my roots. This is a 4" thick air to air charge air cooler that supports 800hp at far more air flow (CFM) than our motor could ever produce. It will bolt onto the radiator via the 3 mounts on the top and bottom and plumb via 3" piping to the turbo and intake we installed. It also leaves me room for the MTVR condenser I bought. It should clear the hood in it's stock location by an inch.

View attachment 656472
Since I think that this is aimed at me and AORP I will try and answer, one we got them cheap, and it should be more than enough cooling capacity and packaging is nice so I can run my stock 939 condenser. Now I haven't mounted mine yet but it is the closest thing to the prototype on the M936A3 that we have down here. So I think that is what I am going to use. I also like that the heat from the turbo isn't dumping back into the radiator, yes I know that is the way it has been done for a long time but I think it is better for both to have their own air flow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

It's not really aimed at anyone. Just seems like a a lot of work. This charge air cooler is 259.00. So, it's very cheap. I like not having to change out the radiator. At 135 degrees IAT, there's no heat to dump back into the radiator. :)

I think I can also fit the AC condenser easily. I also want to drop the height of the truck, not raise it.
What's 135 degrees IAT?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks