• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

84 1008 build.

cucvrus

Found this steller piece of craftsmanship today....
The wires you have there are the fusible links on the alternators. Replace them with new fusible links. That taped one has to go. That is looking for trouble. You can buy fusible link wire at an auto parts store. The black rounds are just fancy butt connections.

linemech31

The wires you have there are the fusible links on the alternators. Replace them with new fusible links. That taped one has to go. That is looking for trouble. You can buy fusible link wire at an auto parts store. The black rounds are just fancy butt connections.
I bought an entire roll of the link a few weeks ago. Ive used 3 feet of it fixing this thing lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

linemech31

I ordered a 3.5" lift kit which came a couple days ago. Blocks for the back and springs for the front. Got the rear blocks installed after work today. Not too much arguing. Ill post some pics of it tomorrow

cucvrus

The Goodyear Duratrak is the best tire for the M series pick up and cab chassis combination. over the years as the Goodyear Work Horse evolved into the Duratrak I have bought and worn out many sets. on the M1009 IMHO the Goodyear MTR Kevlar makes the look and performs flawlessly on and off road.
In the words of Benjamin Franklin “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” Good Luck. keep up the good work.

linemech31

"A fool and his money are soon parted" Mr.Tusser. Reading reviews and keeping an open mind are desirable characteristics of adaptability. The duratrax are good tires. The cost and sidewall flex they demonstrate are the downsides. In the 6 sets i have run to the inspection limits of my state. :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks